Man Of Steel

Toups

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they can. The families of Seigel and Shuster (the creators of Superman) are locked in a years long legal battle for ownership of Superman, and the push is on to make him as different as possible from what they created so Time/Warner and DC can argue this is so different from what they came up with, they have no claim on the property.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

What did everyone think of the trailer preceding The Dark Knight Rises?

If not for the DC/Legendary/Syncopy/Warner Brothers idents, I wouldn't have guessed it was a trailer for Man of Steel during the first couple of seconds. laugh.png

The trailer narrated by Kevin Coster:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zpvOT6HJCmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The trailer narrated by Russell Crowe:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zld8i2mRxb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members
  • Administrator

I think that's more of a "teaser" than a "trailer". I'm going to guess the first trailer will come out on Superbowl Sunday. I love what Nolan and Goyer did with Batman, so I can't wait to see what their story for Superman will be.

Trailers often have music from other movies. Since you mentioned LOTR, part 2 famously used music from Requiem For a Dream.

• Members

But compare how many people watched and and could recognize the music from Requiem from a Dream to the many millions who watched and could recognize the music from Lord of the Rings. Warner Bros could make more of an effort here. They have invested tons of money in rebooting the Superman franchise. Why on earth would they cheap out on the trailer music?

• Members

I have a feeling I am going to hate this film, I don't like the cast and I personally loved Superman Returns but that got canned. sad.png I don't want Nolan directing this. Superman is a completely different protagonist then Batman.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I saw the teaser with the LOTR music in the theater recently and it fits perfectly. It was a very inspired choice and it looks like this is going to be amazing.

As for the suit, I don't think we can judge until we see how it looks in the movie. Although, I have to say, Cavill is looking tremendously good.

Archived