Top Posters In This Topic

• P.J.

• Soapsuds

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The song works with the scene. Dusty is being weighed down with school and trying to spend time with Lily. So he's daydreaming as that song starts playing.... If I was a man...a stronger man...a nicer man......etc...

2 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

He sure is. Because the audio is really bad.

It is but I just needed a few words to figure it out....lol

6 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

Damn. You're good!

Thank you!

• Members
8 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

@DramatistDreamer

The song is called "If I Was" by Midge Ure. It was released in 1985.

Thanks!

You know, I tried to do a search, based on what I thought the lyrics are and funny enough, one of the results said what looked like Midge and I was like "Midget who?!" .

Thank you for clarifying this. Don't know why the song stuck in my head so, but I like that it is so unabashedly 80s, New Romantic/New Wave. 

8 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

He sure is. Because the audio is really bad.

It is! 

• Members
3 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Thanks!

You know, I tried to do a search, based on what I thought the lyrics are and funny enough, one of the results said what looked like Midge and I was like "Midget who?!" .

Thank you for clarifying this. Don't know why the song stuck in my head so, but I like that it is so unabashedly 80s, New Romantic/New Wave. 

It is! 

I knew the song had to be from either 85 or 86 because of the episode date. Then I had to turn up the volume and listen to what words were being repeated. The song is very 80s new wave.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I cannot tell you what I'd pay per month for streaming access to the P&G/CBS archives from the Marland era. Though I deeply appreciate the lovely and well-intentioned soap collectors and their heroic efforts archiving home video cassettes from a bygone age, it's sad that we have to rely on watching scattershot batches of episodes where the ravages of time and antiquated hardware make everyone in Oakdale look like they have just eaten a pound of poison oatmeal, contracted dysentery and will soon die in a storm of static.

Edited by Vee

• Members
27 minutes ago, Vee said:

I cannot tell you what I'd pay per month for streaming access to the P&G/CBS archives from the Marland era. Though I deeply appreciate the lovely and well-intentioned soap collectors and their heroic efforts archiving home video cassettes from a bygone age, it's sad that we have to rely on watching scattershot batches of episodes where the ravages of time and antiquated hardware make everyone in Oakdale look like they have just eaten a pound of poison oatmeal, contracted dysentery and will soon die in a storm of static.

Yeah, on the one hand I appreciate the efforts of most of the uploaders, on the other hand, I wish they'd at least get together and build a "Vault" similar to the B&B/Y&R collectors, which I am certain led to the B&B folks streaming classic episodes on YouTube.

Want to hear something truly hilarious? The last video of "B&B From The Beginning" that I viewed on YouTube, P&G ran ads for streaming the episodes? Ain't that a kick in the head?

• Members

Months, if not a year ago, I suggested that they do something similar for one of their own vintage soaps! I guess they'd rather back someone else's productions than one of their own.

I know people were talking about music rights, yadda yadda yadda, but they did an effort for the DVDs and by the way, they did briefly allow streaming, not only on AOL, and of vintage episodes of ATWT, so it can be done.

I'm not even convinced that it's a money issue, but I definitely think P&G doesn't believe their soaps are worth the effort.

We're likely to get a run of Capitol before ATWT.

Just as a point of pride, P&G should want clear quality episodes to stream on one comprehensive YouTube channel. Then again, have you noticed their toilet paper products lately? Talk about letting the quality control lapse!