Top Posters In This Topic

• P.J.

• Soapsuds

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm way behind on the Locher Room episodes, but I just managed to watch the Snyder kids episode. I know most people around here aren't very fond of that era and may not have watched it, but I just wanted to share a few thoughts:

Mick seems like a really nice, down to earth guy. I guess that doesn't really come as a surprise, as he always seemed that way, but it's nice to see it affirmed. I'm pretty sure he's been on the show longer than any of the other people in that episode (well, I guess Allie was there for the same length of time), yet he never once tried to draw attention to himself. I wish we could have heard more from him. I love that he's still in touch with Michael Park and they play golf regularly. 

I was struck by how much Christopher Tavani reminded me of his on-screen brother Agim Kaba. I know they were on around the same time, though I don't remember seeing them together much, but they seem really well-cast as family members.

I wish Ashley Marie Greiner would have been a part of the episode. No offense to Valentina, but she'd been Faith for much longer. Plus, with the hints that were dropped by Elizabeth Hubbard, I would have been interested to hear her take on what happened (though I guess it may be the reason why she wouldn't want to be on). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Regarding the Frannie/Sabrina casting: I remember Don Hastings discussing how time consuming it was to halt taping in order to re-dress/hairstyle Julianne Moore as the other character.  That was probably a major factor in the decision to cast two separate actresses in 1991.

• Members

I think there was an article here which suggested Marland created a dual role for Julianne Moore because P&G wasn't sure about her and he wanted to prove her talent. If that is the case, it would further explain why they didn't bother afterward. It's just a shame Sabrina lost most of her inner life after the recast. 

• Members

Hi all

I found an article on Rosemary Prinz from 1968 that mentions her final airdate will be June 14, 1968 before she was to start a new play. For anyone who keeps track of cast airdates

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
1 hour ago, will81 said:

Hi all

I found an article on Rosemary Prinz from 1968 that mentions her final airdate will be June 14, 1968 before she was to start a new play. For anyone who keeps track of cast airdates

Please register in order to view this content

Cool, thanks!

• Members
4 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

From her previous interviews, I got the distinct impression that she didn't want to be tied to a soap, she wanted the freedom to do theater, where and whenever she wanted.

From her Locher Room interview, she also gave the impression that her interactions with Irna Phillips left a really bad taste for a really long time.