• Soapsuds

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

Ah thanks 

So she was one of several returns...Tonio, Shannon and Sierra had returned.

This was also around the period Ellie returned. 

It was the returns of family that kept me tied to ATWT even when the writing was the absolute pits through much of 1994. When Valente got rid of that, or P&G did, whoever, the heart was cut out of the show. I will never forgive them, honestly. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

This was also around the period Ellie returned. 

It was the returns of family that kept me tied to ATWT even when the writing was the absolute pits through much of 1994. When Valente got rid of that, or P&G did, whoever, the heart was cut out of the show. I will never forgive them, honestly. 

Richard Backus had no clue what he was doing. He decided to bring back a lot of fan favorites back to keep the soap afloat and it worked until May and viewers started tuning out. Richard literally had no stories to tell. Its a shame because the cast was full of fan favs.

• Members
1 hour ago, Liberty City said:

Today marks the anniversary of the late Benjamin Hendrickson's final appearance as Hal. 

I know how he passed but did any of his co-stars ever give a more detailed account of how things unfolded now that some time has passed?

I was thinking about it because I was listening to Philece Sampler (RIP) interviews recently where she talked about Brenda Benet's passing and I had always been compelled by BH's story (partially because of the closet angle)

• Members
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, P.J. said:

I remember talk about them---but who is this supposed to be? 

The first of 14 novelizations of the early years of ATWT. It chronicles Penny's first two marriages and the whole saga of Ellen giving baby Dan away, the custody battle and her early relationship with David.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members
19 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

I know how he passed but did any of his co-stars ever give a more detailed account of how things unfolded now that some time has passed?

Not that I can recall; most of his co-stars have simply talked about his on-set presence and their overall interactions with him.

• Members
20 hours ago, P.J. said:

I remember talk about them---but who is this supposed to be? 

I have the set for Another World and the cover illustrations basically never look anything like the actors/characters. It always sort of amused me that the ones on the cover of Haunted by the Past sort of look a tiny bit like Sally Spencer and Ed Fry who played MJ and Adam in 1986/1987 and may or may not be intended to represent Iris and Robert? (Marianne and Chris? Pat and John? Clarice and Robert?) in the mid-70s.

• Members
54 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Thanks for the reminder. I'm glad I'll be on at the right time for this, even if it will be a miracle to get good talk about the show. 

You're welcome!  I left a question to ask about the wedding remote back in 1991.  

Others had asked questions about Peter Boynton and Jason Biggs and working with the two Calebs and her work on the other soaps...which she preferred too.