Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

As The World Turns Discussion Thread


edgeofnik

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • P.J.

    664

  • Soapsuds

    1149

  • DRW50

    2447

  • DramatistDreamer

    1461

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
On 12/8/2020 at 11:14 AM, Soapsuds said:

GL pretty much lost its luster when Sheri Anderson took over in 86 as HW.

 

In retrospect, IA that maybe GL wasn't Sheri Anderson's kind of show.  (She was much better at DAYS and GH).  But, at that time, I was still watching GL everyday, and I was still loving most of what I was seeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

The tension between Holden, Emily, Tonio and Meg was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I don't think I've ever seen Meg so relieved to see Iva!

Funny how Tonio, the supposedly smart and cunning businessman seems to believe that Holden doesn't know all about the affair. Even his wife Meg knows what he's been up to.

 

Those scenes between Angel and Caleb seem as though they were written for the sstage Very big in expression as if they were playing to the rafters.

 

I preferred this actor who played Tuan, Lien's friend. I know Phillip Moon later took over the role but Russell Wong looks like he'd be more believable as being in Lien's age group and more likely that she'd be attracted to him. Also Wong does 'bad boy' so we'll.

Also, it's clear that Lisa was Oakdale's Great Connector. If you were new in town, it was best to make her acquaintance, as she would likely introduce you to the whole town. I wish I had someone like that in my life, networking would be easy.

 

Oh my, at those scenes with Emily with her feet propped up on the desk, looking as though she truly were in the 'cat-bird' seat. Also, I had the urge to play the Jay-Z song 'Big Pimpin' because of that reversal in that last scene when Tonio (and the viewers) witnesses his undoing. That was so good.

 

I enjoyed the fact that Emily made up her mind that she was going to go on the offensive and unapologetically relished what she'd done. It won't last long, of course but for a moment, Emily got the drop on Tonio, who thought he was in control and had managed to put Emily in her place but the opposite happened.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
14 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Also, it's clear that Lisa was Oakdale's Great Connector. If you were new in town, it was best to make her acquaintance, as she would likely introduce you to the whole town. I wish I had someone like that in my life, networking would be easy

Every show needs someone like that..and Lisa was the perfect fit for it...knowing everyone by being the town's glam busybody and her mothering of all the young people and the lost souls. Gautman and MADD never got that she was important in that role (or that a role like that was important) and its to Diva Fulton's credit that I didn't hear her complain about it at that stage of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, EllenP said:

I wish that Alan could book Eileen Fulton for The Locher Room! I would love to hear her dish about Goutman, MADD, and Hogan. Has anyone heard an update about her recently other than retiring to North Carolina to live with her brother?

 

Alan would not let her dish. He would interrupt her and censor her and go off on irrelevant tangents any time she was in the middle of an interesting anecdote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
23 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

I would much rather hear about what working for Irna was like!

 

Don Hastings may have mentioned a little bit about this, but if he did, it must have been brief.

 

Has Rosemary Prinz been invited to any of these reunions? She has done theater live streams, so I think she would do fine with the format. She'd also be a hoot! If no one contacts her for one of these reunions, it will have been a missed opportunity.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I'm so excited! Back when SoapClassics was around, I managed to get all the ATWT box sets they released except for one: the CarJack one.

 

Ever since, I've been scouring the internet for it, but for the longest time I could only find a ridiculously-priced version (over $100 I believe).

 

About two weeks ago, I suddenly found a reasonably-priced version on eBay. I wasted no time in ordering it, and it just came in today. I was expecting a second-hand version, but it's sealed and seems unused. 

 

So now I have my SoapClassics ATWT collection complete! I guess I'll be revisiting some classic CarJack for Christmas...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 12/11/2020 at 9:23 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Don Hastings may have mentioned a little bit about this, but if he did, it must have been brief.

 

Has Rosemary Prinz been invited to any of these reunions? She has done theater live streams, so I think she would do fine with the format. She'd also be a hoot! If no one contacts her for one of these reunions, it will have been a missed opportunity.

 

I know when Beth Ehlers was portraying Irna for the GL anniversary show...(and a great job she did..she was better as Irna then as Harley at that point) she mentioned that she went and talked to Hastings and Fulton, and that he was great on her mind set and Fulton gave her tips on how she spoke and her body language...so it would be great to hear from both of them in dept about Irna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 12/16/2020 at 11:44 AM, Mitch said:

I know when Beth Ehlers was portraying Irna for the GL anniversary show...(and a great job she did..she was better as Irna then as Harley at that point) she mentioned that she went and talked to Hastings and Fulton, and that he was great on her mind set and Fulton gave her tips on how she spoke and her body language...so it would be great to hear from both of them in dept about Irna.

 

I would love it if Hastings, Prinz and Fulton could do a livestream via Zoom or Skype but Alan had previously intimated that Fulton might NOT be up to this, which also seems rather convenient for Alan since we know how averse he is toward any type of candor in which uncomfortable truths are told and anybody who has followed Fulton since the show's cancellation knows how deeply disrespected she felt during the final years of the show. I suspect that there would be some comparisons made between the show's early years and its final years and it might not be pretty, which Alan likely wants to avoid at all costs.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
oops.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

I would love it if Hastings, Prinz and Fulton could do a livestream via Zoom or Skype but Alan had previously intimated that Fulton might be up to this, which also seems rather convenient for Alan since we know how averse he is toward any type of candor in which uncomfortable truths are told and anybody who has followed Fulton since the show's cancellation knows how deeply disrespected she felt during the final years of the show. I suspect that there would be some comparisons made between the show's early years and its final years and it might not be pretty, which Alan likely wants to avoid at all costs.

Can you imagine Alan trying to reign Fulton in..even just a few years ago, and even more now if she is starting to "not give even more damns," what people think. due to age. The only thing to add to the surreal would be Collen Zenk and Kim Zimmer joining at Happy Hour...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Mitch said:

Can you imagine Alan trying to reign Fulton in..even just a few years ago, and even more now if she is starting to "not give even more damns," what people think. due to age. The only thing to add to the surreal would be Collen Zenk and Kim Zimmer joining at Happy Hour...

Imagine susan Pratt multiplied..and you would have Fulton in terms of doing Alan Locher's stream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 3,714

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    2. 3,714

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    3. 395

      General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

    4. 711

      Dynasty: Discussion Thread

    5. 3,636

      Soap Hoppers --The Soap Actors And Roles Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy