As The World Turns Discussion Thread

Before TIIC completely wrecked the show and the character by essentially studding him out, I thought Simon was one of the last truly charismatic characters to be introduced on the show, but like I said, the show found a way to ruin it.

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Melanie Smith will be playing Emily during the final episode redo. Am I to assume Andrew will be playing Paul? 

2 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Before TIIC completely wrecked the show and the character by essentially studding him out, I thought Simon was one of the last truly charismatic characters to be introduced on the show, but like I said, the show found a way to ruin it.

I liked Katie and Simon well enough but the entire Lily/Simon love affair they started with just never rang true to me for reasons that shall remain unexpressed out of respect for Martha Byrne.

29 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

I liked Katie and Simon well enough but the entire Lily/Simon love affair they started with just never rang true to me for reasons that shall remain unexpressed out of respect for Martha Byrne.

I hated Simon and Katie. More to do with Teri Conn. I actually liked Simon and Lily.

4 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

On his own, I thought the character could have moments of charm but it never lasted long. 

I know it's a soap and all but TPTB spent too much time 'studding' him out to various women-- Lily, Katie, Carly, Vienna...and never took the time to really evolve or further develop the character.

4 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Looks like Melanie Smith will be playing Emily during the final episode redo. Am I to assume Andrew will be playing Paul? 

I remember the look of surprise and amusement on the faces of Melanie and Andy during the reunion livestream when Colleen and Alan informed them that Paul and Emily ended up together.

20 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Of course, 'Juicy Janet' will be there. No offense to Pins on but that's a hard pass for me.

I like Julie Pinson as an actress.  But I didn't appreciate the last six months of World Turns being about Janet. I mean it wasn't the time to introduce her extended Italian family in Chicago who all hated her because she got pregnant as a teenager. The focus should've been on the Hughes, Lowell/Stewart Walsh/Snyder/Montgomery families until the finale. I wouldn't have minded a fast-forward for the final week. 

Wow - I guess we really will see Melanie Smith play Emily again like most of us wanted. Strange times.

I was never that fond of KMH's Emily but she had some awful, awful writing. I'm so glad Melanie never had to play any of that stuff.

KMH acting during the Diego story was awful and she got even worse when Emily shot Paul and pushed him off the cliff. That was some horrific acting.

Has anyone seen this photo of Kathleen Windows and Raul Julia from As You Like It? I was reading about NYC theatrical performances and came across it. In the past I've gotten the chance to see archived performances of Joseph Papp's Shakespeare productions and I'm hoping that I will get the opportunity to see an archived copy of this particular production.

actors-kathleen-widdor-and-raul-julia-in