Jump to content


edgeofnik

As The World Turns Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts


21 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

 

As for the staged reading, I agree-- why the last episode? A month late too. A Thanksgiving episode would have at least been more interesting.

How many characters actually appeared in the final episode? It seemed like such a small number. The last episode?

 

week wife GIF

 

Pretty much the entire cast appeared in the finale -- over 25 actors. I recall there were even scenes that were cut and aired on CBS' website. Unlike many other soap finales, there weren't any scenes where the entire cast appeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, robbwolff said:

 

Pretty much the entire cast appeared in the finale -- over 25 actors. I recall there were even scenes that were cut and aired on CBS' website. Unlike many other soap finales, there weren't any scenes where the entire cast appeared.

 

Eileen Fulton too?

 

Since I couldn't get through it the first time, I couldn't imagine sitting through it now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Eileen Fulton too?

 

Since I couldn't get through it the first time, I couldn't imagine sitting through it now. 

 

Yep. She was in the finale. It was pretty insulting to be honest. She encountered John and Lucinda in her hotel and they were snarky with her. She had very few lines.

Edited by robbwolff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I'd rather watch the cast read the script for Showgirls than that finale. 

 

So many fantastic episodes to choose from in the show's history and this is what they choose??

I'd want to select an episode that either hadn't been seen in a long time or at least one that would leave fans wanting more and wondering when the next reading would be. Courtroom episodes usually provide great seated drama, without the need for much physical action. When Paul or Barbara went on trial for James Stenbeck's supposed killing. Or even further back in the show's history. Not everyone needs to play the exact role they had on the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

So many fantastic episodes to choose from in the show's history and this is what they choose??

I'd want to select an episode that either hadn't been seen in a long time or at least one that would leave fans wanting more and wondering when the next reading would be. Courtroom episodes usually provide great seated drama, without the need for much physical action. When Paul or Barbara went on trial for James Stenbeck's supposed killing. Or even further back in the show's history. Not everyone needs to play the exact role they had on the show.

 

As you said, the premiere would have been a nice idea. Or one of the 30th anniversary episodes, if they wanted to use a large cast.

 

I don't want to be ungrateful, it's wonderful to see these legends again...but...that was not an episode to go out on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DRW50 said:

 

I don't want to be ungrateful, it's wonderful to see these legends again...but...that was not an episode to go out on.

 

I agree. The vets deserve better than that final episode. A lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not like they went out with a bang. They went out with a whimper. It's like they're celebrating the death of the show. Why would they want to celebrate and remember when the show was at its worst? I don't get it. It's not like a prime time show that decided to end their own run and go out in style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill Bauer said:

It's not like they went out with a bang. They went out with a whimper. It's like they're celebrating the death of the show. Why would they want to celebrate and remember when the show was at its worst? I don't get it. It's not like a prime time show that decided to end their own run and go out in style. 

 

I think someone is thinking strictly in terms of parts for each actor as their character, rather than a good overall script, which is unfortunate. This also seems like someone wants to showcase the most recent characters (hello Liberty and Juicy Janet🥴) while providing enough vets to appeal to longtime fans of the show. 

Unfortunately, this also has the effect of looking like a one and done initiative, instead of an opportunity to reconnect with fans of the show and re-build a relationship with fans. Hate to say that it also screams "cash grab" for Trent's theater organization, which, like many theaters, may be in a financial bind right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a truly lovely idea. And for a great cause. It's a benefit for Trent's theater company right here in the Hudson Valley. The final episode is the perfect episode for him to choose because it features all his friends and the people he knew and loved (and we all did - those of us who are actually fans of As The World Turns and didn't just hate-watch it after 1975.) I've made my donation and, along with many others, will be watching with glee and fond memories of the show, actors, and characters that I loved for so many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would P&G allow them to write a new script with an "episode" following up in present day. Bob and Kim missed their family and friends (plus, its do dull without a kidnapping a week) so they move back..what are Tom and Margo doing, etc. Lucinda and John bickering..and they would have a good reason why Fulton is not partcipating..."I had an email from Lisa...she and Grant are sheltering in place in the South of France and loving it!" That why they could dump Juicy Janet and Liberty dullness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Would P&G allow them to write a new script with an "episode" following up in present day. Bob and Kim missed their family and friends (plus, its do dull without a kidnapping a week) so they move back..what are Tom and Margo doing, etc. Lucinda and John bickering..and they would have a good reason why Fulton is not partcipating..."I had an email from Lisa...she and Grant are sheltering in place in the South of France and loving it!" That why they could dump Juicy Janet and Liberty dullness.

 

P&G?? More like, refuse to take their calls. Maybe if P&G got a big chunk of the proceeds, lol. 

P&G knows that final script was shite, which is why they don't care what happens to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...