Jump to content

As The World Turns Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Sorry if you misunderstood my post, as I never meant to give the impression that Tune would 'spill tea'-- that's not even my impression of her. From what I remember of previous interviews that she has done for other media outlets, she doesn't strike me as the type of person who would willingly go on a platform to have to censor her thoughts mince words just to make the host feel comfortable. I believe that is what I posted.  Also, I was not the person who posted that Tune said no, just to be clear.

14 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

 

Both your and the post a month ago had given me the impression there was more explicit knowledge that she would have harsh things to say. I mean, the way they treated her was BS but so was other veterans and it wasn't speculated other veterans would "spill T".

So I thought I had missed some fiery interview or something and I was interested. If it is just speculation based on the fact they didn't treat her very well, then: indeed they didn't but I hope we get to hear in an interview, spilling T or just sharing her experience like many of the other actors have, including some that were mistreated by TPTB over the years.
She is a wonderful actress.

 

It's not just about Tune , btw. I have yet to see any Black actors who appeared on ATWT on any of Alan's livestream reunions and I am wondering why that is. It seems odd to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not the 1st episode of ATWT?  

 

@DramatistDreamer, I am curious about why no AA cast mates from ATWT yet as well.  Though if TT is honest and doesn't want to be censored..I could see why she would opt to decline.

 

Alan seems to freak out if one of the stars speaks up about scandal..his face during Susan Pratt's rants were priceless...and he freaked when Denise Pence mentioned the Zaslow firing.  So I'm sure if TT is honest..he might not like what she has to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

Why not the 1st episode of ATWT?  

 

 

 

Right? That was my first thought. Who cares about the last episode? It was the last episode for a reason. 

Edited by Bill Bauer
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soaplovers said:

Why not the 1st episode of ATWT?  

 

@DramatistDreamer, I am curious about why no AA cast mates from ATWT yet as well.  Though if TT is honest and doesn't want to be censored..I could see why she would opt to decline.

 

Alan seems to freak out if one of the stars speaks up about scandal..his face during Susan Pratt's rants were priceless...and he freaked when Denise Pence mentioned the Zaslow firing.  So I'm sure if TT is honest..he might not like what she has to say.

 

The episode with Susan Pratt was great. I get the impression that he doesn't know as much about GL so he is less likely to preemptively censor or steer the reunions away from controversial topics or what he perceived as controversial.  He can rest assured, TT is busy directing these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

As for the staged reading, I agree-- why the last episode? A month late too. A Thanksgiving episode would have at least been more interesting.

How many characters actually appeared in the final episode? It seemed like such a small number. The last episode?

 

week wife GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, what a difference when the storyline, acting and video/audio quality are all top-notch! 

That YouTube channel usually has some grainy grainy episodes (I still appreciated then since most were posted nowhere else), so I admit my surprise at seeing episodes posted in such pristine audio and video quality.

It takes my breath away to see all the future Emmy, Oscar and Tony awards winning actors in just one storyline alone. ATWT had such an incredibly strong roster of talent during that time.

9 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

😂😂😂. I flove Randy!!

 

It just seemed to fit, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Sorry if you misunderstood my post, as I never meant to give the impression that Tune would 'spill tea'-- that's not even my impression of her

 

No need to apologize at all; it is on me that I took it to mean more than what you were saying. I am not going to lie: I love BTS gossip and I was excited at the thought since she *did* get screwed over which was doubly weird considering she had also a primetime career so you would have thought they'd try to capitalize on it. 
But she is a pro so you're right. She probably wouldn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

 

No need to apologize at all; it is on me that I took it to mean more than what you were saying. I am not going to lie: I love BTS gossip and I was excited at the thought since she *did* get screwed over which was doubly weird considering she had also a primetime career so you would have thought they'd try to capitalize on it. 
But she is a pro so you're right. She probably wouldn't.

 

It's a moot point to focus on Tamara Tunie at this point since she's unlikely to have any time for Alan's podcast now since she recently signed on to direct a musical. My original point had to do with the absence of Black actors from ATWT appearing on Alan's livestream and how odd it is. Tunie is one of a number of actors who fits the bill. I mentioned her because she was probably the longest running and likely one of the final Black actors to regularly appear on that show, which is pretty sad, imo.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Autocorrect is a boor.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...