edgeofnik

As The World Turns Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

I'm wondering if Alan is afraid of what Eileen would say in a live reunion..since he's all about how it looks instead of the real going onstage backstage.

13 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

I'm wondering if Alan is afraid of what Eileen would say in a live reunion..since he's all about how it looks instead of the real going onstage backstage.

That's a massive possibility. Eileen didn't have much of a filter even in her younger years (when people's filters are stronger) and Alan, as a PR man, is ALL ABOUT the filter. 

4 hours ago, BillBauer said:

I wonder how hard he's tried. She has a fan page on Facebook and I can't imagine that the person who runs that is not in contact with Eileen. 

5 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

Those thoughts also crossed my mind, I'll admit. Don't get me wrong, I love that these reunions are taking place and am grateful to be able to watch and listen. Still, you do get the sense that these livestreams are being somewhat "managed".  Since the early livestreams, it seems as if it's a bit less spontaneous. OTOH, I suspect that because the actors trust that there will be a certain standard, they are open to appearing in these livestreams, especially the actors who have never done these types of formats before.

Maybe there are other podcasts that can invite soap stars to expound on the juicy stuff?

By the way, there's a #GraduateTogether 2020 that has been on livestream and Julianne Moore made a cameo appearance congratulating the graduates.

I think that was the first Daytime Emmys I watched live. ATWT won Best Drama without winning anything else? What a darker (in color) ceremony than the previous year’s. The clip selections were terrible (especially if they were going to show so little of them).

OT: What was the emergency that took Finola back to London? And man, Peter Bergman can cry at the drop of a hat, especially when mentioning his wife. I suppose that’s a... nice quality?

32 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I think that was the first Daytime Emmys I watched live. ATWT won Best Drama without winning anything else? What a darker (in color) ceremony than the previous year’s. The clip selections were terrible (especially if they were going to show so little of them).

OT: What was the emergency that took Finola back to London? And man, Peter Bergman can cry at the drop of a hat, especially when mentioning his wife. I suppose that’s a... nice quality?

I think Finola was in the process of getting her green card. 

11 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

1991 Daytime Emmy's are up where ATWT won Best Show! 1:55:15 in:

Who was the woman on stage handing out the Emmy jumping up and down  "Saying YES.. P & G..." when ATWT won?

I can’t see her face, but I am guessing she was an actress on the show. I think they had actresses on the soaps be the “trophy girls” that year. For example, I believe Nia Long was the trophy girl who handed Rick Hearst his Emmy that year

59 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Who was the woman on stage handing out the Emmy jumping up and down  "Saying YES.. P & G..." when ATWT won?

Looks like Parker Posey who played Tess Shelby.

1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

Looks like Parker Posey who played Tess Shelby.

@Mitch And her voice definitely sounds like Parker Posey too.

2 hours ago, Dion said:

@Mitch And her voice definitely sounds like Parker Posey too.

I thought so...it was cool that she was that unabashedly excited about the showing winning and the company producing it...(had to laugh, how soon  PG's investment in their shows would change..) Does she talk about her soap past?