As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm sure you're just as popular there.

Actually, in doing that with my sig what I'm doing is controlling the perception of you long after you are soon banned - much like the first quote I harvested from an insane Beth Ehlers fan. You are one of the most hated posters we've had in years, and that's saying something. Immortalizing you as a laughingstock only enriches my own life, you drooling Nazi swine.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Can we all just go back to discussing As The World Turns, which is what we're here for, and leave the other stuff for somewhere else? 

I was very fascinated, a few pages back, to learn more about Pa Hughes and his oft-mentioned-but-never-seen wife, Irma Kopecki.

Pa being so close to Nancy in the early years, I wonder if Pa's second marriage was ever brought up when Nancy deciced to marry again herself?

• Members

From Slick's list: the Kasnoffs

Anna    ___   Kasnoff      Susie Abromeit     09    married Mike   DM, HH, HaHN, OTH

Caroline Kasnoff     Never Seen     daughter Mike and Anna

Connor Walsh Stricklyn Kasnoff      Allyson Rice-Taylor   90-97  AMC  daughter Edwina, took over Walsh

Susan Batten    97   OLTLAMC

Mark Kasnoff       Alexander Walters     95-97    married Te Amo and Connor, Mike's brother      DOOL

Mike Kasnoff             Shawn Christian    94-97      see Hoppers   brother of Mark, Sarah, and Stephanie, father of Nora (deceased) and Caroline, married Katie, Jen, and Anna    Best friend of Ben Harris

Jon Prescott         08        OLTL

Mark Collier    02-07; 09        see Hoppers

Nick Kasnoff       Jordan Woolley      05-06      Mike's cousin, cop, murdered Maya Gold,  attacked Katie and Carly

Nora ____ Kasnoff     Never Seen, mother of Mike, Mark, Sarah, Stephanie

Nora Kasnoff      Tiffany Houghton    (dream)  daughter of Carly/Mike  

Sarah Kasnoff     Lisa Lawrence     96   sister of Mike and Mark, dated Paul     Tribes

Stephanie Kasnoff     Never Seen   sister of Mike, Mark, and Sarah

T (Te Amo) Jones Kasnoff       Wendy Jones     96    deceased wife of Mark

I'm fairly sure that in 18 years of actively watching, following and reading up on this show, I have never heard even the slightest mention of the Stephanie Kasnoff character. I'm guessing she must have been mentioned during the prime Kasnoff era in the 90s (which is before I was watching, as well as an era I haven't watched too many episodes from just yet). Could anyone tell me more about the character, or how she was mentioned? 

Also, although I've heard of T Jones Kasnoff, I don't know too much about her either. I'm thinking she was around when Sarah Kasnoff was around and both characters were generally not well received? Could anyone fill me in on her backstory? 

• Members

This is so weird...I've been binging ATWT a lot the last month or so, and wondered who played Anna. Now I know. 

I don't recall Stephanie K ever being mentioned (but the initial Kasnoff intro was forever ago). 

T. Jones was a fed, if I'm not mistaken. All I can for sure recall about her was that the "T" was a running joke. She wouldn't tell people her first name because it was actually Te Amo (ILY in Spanish ).

I think she may have been running around town either investigating Damian (and Kingsley Malta) or hunting for James. Mark had rescued Lily from Malta....

Maybe that was all about Diego Santana?  It was 96, and in early 97, Diego is killed and Lily charged with his murder. 

And no, that entire era wasn't well received.  There was a HUGE purge of characters in late 96-early97, and the HWs canned. Stern&Black, if memory serves. 

• Members

I do recall Stephanie being mentioned when Mike first came onto the show... he had a disdain for Evan/Rosanna... and Rosanna confronted him.. and he had revealed that his sister Stephanie married a wealthy guy and forgot about the family (i.e basically abandoning the family).. and that left a sour taste in mouth for anyone wealthy.  I know that when Mark/Sara joined.. that the show had mentioned next casting for Nora.. and once that happened and the mom was settled would look into bringing Stephanie back (the child that married into money to escape the alcoholic father..and mom who enabled that behavior).

I recall the show was casting for the mother (Nora).. but than backed away from casting her for some reason (perhaps a change in  writers/regimes.. maybe).

• Members

Watching an episode from 1988 (pre WGA strike) and there is a character named Silvia Alvarez, who runs an oil company.  I was intrigued by the actress and checked for her in the credits and saw that her name is Taro Meyer, who is the mother or Kate & Allie actress Ari Meyer. 

An odd little irony, is that I checked the credits to see whether the actress is Latin American, I discovered that she is Brooklyn based while being reminded that her daughter Ari was born in Puerto Rico.

ATWT doesn't appear on her IMDB account but her account does list Another World as part of her resume.

• Members

Wow, thank you so much for that info. I'd always heard that they were setting up the Kasnoffs to basically be the new Snyders, but I had no idea they had such fleshed out ideas. 

Perhaps you or someone else could answer my next question as well, about the Keiths/Reynoldses. From slick's list:

Dr. Alexander Keith     Jon Cypher     77-79    see Hoppers   father, Mark Lewis, married Valerie, they adopted Katie

Katie (Emerson) Keith   Rachael Kelly     78-79    adopted by Valerie and Alex

Valerie Reynolds Conway Thompson Keith   Judith McConnell   76-79 sister of Jason Reynolds, Kim's first husband and his twin brother Benjamin

Thanks to the Scrapbook, I've always known that Valerie was the sister of Kim's first (unseen) husband, Jason Reynolds. However... I have never before heard of Jason's twin brother Benjamin? How did he figure in to things? Was he on the show, or merely mentioned? What was the story there?

• Members

Late to this but I love it and yes, people *always* tell you who they are ...

It's quite interesting seeing him do what he accuses others of.

We've been here before ...

Ironically, and accidentally, seems to really go with "when people tell you who they are ... listen" ... 

Love you both @EricMontreal22 and @DramatistDreamer 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

She looks especially like her daughter in that photo.  Same bone structure in the face.

Unfortunately, her character also appears in a slog of a year on ATWT, 1988, which, even before the WGA strike began, seemed like quite a few storylines that consisted of consecutive episodes where you were continually waiting for something to happen. 

Such a stark contrast to 1986-1987 where, for a year and a half, there were so many suspenseful story lines going on and at times, overlapping.

This makes me wonder whether Marland and the other writers had some sense that a strike was imminent and was stretching out stories in advance, in anticipation of 'scab' writers burning through their story projections. 

Consequently the '88 Writers' Strike remains the longest strike in WGA history so far.

Right back at 'cha.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

From what I've read, Marland was upset that the scabs burned through his story outlines at a fast pace.  I don't think the show ever got back the momentum established in 86-87 after the strike.  It was decent, but it seemed much darker than the show was before the writer strike.

And I hate to say this, but I thought the day to day episodes were less cringe (in terms of dialogue) during the 1988 strike than it was when Marland was around.. but the pacing/stories were all over the place.

Edited by Soaplovers

• Members

What was it they burned through most, I wonder? Maybe the stuff with the psycho nanny? 

Marland does spend a lot of late 1988/early 1989 phasing out material that was set up while he was on strike (like Beau and Pam). It takes a while for the show to regroup. I think it does in 1991, but the show really does become very, very bleak by 1992. I'll always wonder what might have been if he'd stayed through 93-94, which were big transition years gone wrong yet also with glimmers of potential.