As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I think your comments are awful and you seem like you are trolling. You have gone out of your way to insert yourself in an argument which suggests you either have a lot of time on your hands and thrive on negative things, or that you are not as intelligent as you try to act. In a vain attempt to validate yourself you are trying to misconstrue my earlier comments so you look good..? Who does that? Someone without a life maybe, I don't know. Your comment that someone is a long-term poster and therefore that makes them a more legitimate poster is complete bollocks. A new person making their very first post could say something more valuable than anyone else has ever said before on this message board. At any rate I think you're just spinning your wheels with me. I'd enjoy it if I was cruel but actually I find your approach and your comments sad and misguided.

Now you've gone from attack mode to lecture mode. You have appointed yourself someone who has to tell me why everyone's having a problem with me? That's silly. You're wasting your time. If I cared why people were having a problem with my posts, I'd change my writing style but I am not planning to change my writing style anytime soon. Sorry if that disappoints you. I think you are using my name in posts to act as if we're friendly and on a first name basis. We're not. We don't know each other. You think you know me but your understanding of me and the intent of my discussions is based on your own distorted view of people who say things that you can't grasp.

I don't see you are sincere in any way. I just don't. The person with the geeky Sharon Case avatar is someone whose screen name seems odd to me. And I never directly use other posters' names in my comments, that is my preference. So for you to try and control that is really out of line. You need to step back and look at things more clearly. There was nothing wrong in my saying the phrase pro-Aryan. I will continue to use it in discussions where I find it a relevant term to use. I won't allow you to censor my vocabulary. Again I feel you are very out of line.

Edited by JarrodMFiresofLove

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You sure have a lot to say about how you don't care what others have to say about you.  As to "pro-Aryan" it is a term that is now exclusively used in a way that you'd have to be stupid to not realize.  Sure, continue using it, but if you want people to actually consider your opinions and not assume you mean something you claim you don't than I'd think twice.  Word choice has power.  There are lots of terms I could use if I wanted to because I personally don't feel they carry the meaning and weight that others do.  But the fact that virtually everyone else feels they do carry that meaning means that the point I want to make will not be made.  I'm really giving you the benefit of the doubt here...

BTW, you may wanna work on the things you accuse me of yourself.  Starting a post with, "I think your comments are awful and you seem like you are trolling. You have gone out of your way to insert yourself in an argument which suggests you either have a lot of..."

sure sounds like "lecture mode" (or something worse) to me...

• Members

Now you are giving a speech on word power. That is hilarious. In my opinion you are way out of your depth, you can't even begin to know that. I feel you're just not as smart as I am and that you can never be as smart as I am. But I am still willing to entertain what I perceive to be some of your abject foolishness, since when you talk soaps, your passion does come through.

As I said, I will continue using the phrase pro-Aryan if I feel it is germane to a discussion about soaps. Interestingly, you keep bringing it up (as a form of intimidation)...you've said it a few times and now I've said it a few more times. If you disliked that phrase so much, when there is nothing wrong with it in an intellectual sense, you'd steer clear of it. But because you keep mentioning it, I think you know on some level it is a valid term to use when discussing reverse racism, which I feel the person with the geeky Sharon Case avatar is practicing in many of her posts. I do think she's a smart poster, mostly, when she sticks to facts as opposed to "facts" and I will continue to read her posts. But if she goes off on more racist/political stuff in a discussion about a soap opera, of course I will present opposing view which seek to dismantle that kind of nonsense. It will be part of the debate on this message board as long as she keeps bringing it up.

• Members

I think there are some very unknowledgable people on this board. According to Google the word Aryan means

relating to or denoting a people speaking an Indo-European language who invaded northern India in the 2nd millennium BC, displacing the Dravidian and other aboriginal peoples.

And that is how I intended it, when I suggested instead of discussing racism on soaps we could just as easily discuss stories that play up the positive aspects of the European American culture.

But some very questionable comments followed by folks who did not exhibit good manners. They went out of their way to call me a Nazi. Maybe those people need to be banned? I think an actual Nazi would have been much harsher than any of my intellectual comments were. Just saying.

Edited by JarrodMFiresofLove

• Members

Maybe that's true.  We're not on a dispassionate forum where every word choice is considered for its intellectual (and frankly dated) meaning and not for what it means to most of the Western world today.  Is it a good idea to use inflammatory words, words that make you, frankly, look like a Neo-Nazi in a public forum?  I mean sure you say you don't care what people here think of you, but surely you actually care enough about soaps to want your thoughts on them to be communicated without someone reading a post of yours and only thinking Nazi.  *shrug*

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

You're trying to label me as a Nazi, which seems just as bad as a black person calling a white person a racist who is not one. I sent you a private message where I had said I found your comments and approach disappointing, and it saddens me to think you are still not realizing how disappointing your approach is. Don't you want to learn and grow as a human being? Why are you being dragged into the gutter with me, because you are letting others with issues of their own, pull you down to a level that is way beneath you. That's what we should shrug about.

• Members

This board has discussed the issues of racism in daytime and entertainment since its inception years ago, Jarrod - and many of us are not black. We just have no problem discussing these issues. We are definitely not going to stop for you, so you may as well accept that. You're one of the most wildly ignorant and nasty posters we've ever had. It's no wonder you've apparently been banned virtually everywhere else you've been.

This is going in the sig!

• Members

There are quite a few soap related sites and blogs I post on. So I'm hardly banned everywhere. Putting one of my comments in the sig means anytime you post, your readers will be forced to think of me. So you are doing a form of advertising for me. You should liberate yourself from that. Don't waste your energy reflecting someone else you don't like. Your life and your time are too valuable for me to control even one moment of it.

That's better. I like how you got your point of view across without being rude this time. Good job.

Not long ago I watched an old episode of the early 60s TV drama Naked City. She had a guest role on it. It would have been filmed right before she was cast on ATWT. She was quite good in it. She's probably someone who could have had a successful career on primetime if she hadn't become so identified with playing Lisa and typecast as a daytime actress.