Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nowadays, though, it seems a lot of "old-timey" names, like Ruth(ie) and Sophie (to name but two), are coming back into vogue.  It's kind of like what Julia Sugarbaker on "Designing Women" once said (and which I alluded to another thread not too long ago): one day, it'll seem really odd to have senior citizens named "Tiffany" and "Heather," but by that point, their granddaughters' names will be Beulah, Maude and Ethel.

Edited by Khan

• Members

After posting the 1976 opening/closing credits it reminded me of an article about the tape wiping process and the reusing of videotape. In the late 60's and early 70's viewers noticed that The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson had a muddy appearance. Years later Johnny went to pull vintage episodes from the vault for an anniversary celebration, he as told there were none and was upset.

Did ATWT have a muddy appearance from the constant reuse of videotape ?

• Members

Didn't someone else post this site in the past, or am I confusing it with another?  It seems as if all those episodes are either up on You Tube or sets that SoapClassics distributed and sold.

I wouldn't give my personal information (not to mention financial) to a website that is not secure. Seems like a recipe for identity theft or worse.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Just curious if Kathryn Hays or Eileen Fulton were ever Emmy-nominated. To me, KH's performance when Kim discovered Bob's affair is among the finest I've ever seen. If she wasn't recognized while we got years of nominations for Susan Lucci's scenery-chewing, it would be a disgrace.

As for Fulton, I certainly don't think she was great actress, or even a very good one. But during the stretch of time from Eduardo's death through the malpractice suit to John's humiliation of her, she was wonderful. It's like she put away all those annoying little tics of hers, and and rose to the occasion.

• Members

I was looking at the wiki pages for Daytime Emmy winners and nominees in the actress categories. I didn't realize Lisa Brown and Kathleen Widdoes were nominated so often for supporting actress in the late 80s. After 1990 none of Marland's cast, except for Liz Hubbard, gets nominated again while he's still writing. Wonder if there was a backlash to all the business stories he had started around 1989. After Marland's death Widdoes does get nominated again in 1994 that time as lead actress. So what was Emma's big story in 94, because I don't remember her having a lot to do after Marland.

• Members

I assume that was for the '93 season, which probably included a lot of fallout from Holden losing his memory and finding out Aaron's paternity. 

Just looking at the nominees, its one of the few years the "usual suspects" didn't dominate the list. Slezak and Lucci aren't nom'd, and the its only year that decade neither one made the list. The noms that year were HBS, Julia Barr, Dano, Hutchinson for GL and Widdoes 

• Members

Makes sense. That was probably what she submitted. I think it was the only time Kathleen Widdoes was up for lead actress.

Yes, probably material from March 93 to February 94. Back then the cut off was in February. Not sure what it is now. The noms for that year certainly were unusual. Hutchinson wasn't on GL very long and usually she played support to Maeve Kinkead and Michael Zaslow. She was more of a lead on OLTL.