As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I know Byrne wanted Lily not to be so business oriented like she was when Rattay played the part... yet oddly the first three years she was back playing Lily, she was heavily into business and played it well.

I did like that eventually she co-owned the Lakeview with Lisa... and I didn't realize that Lily's field of study when a teen was hotel management... the one consistency.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, they just showed her flashing back to hugging him after reminiscing about the infamous Tad Channing. It was clearly on the books, as was Meg horny for Dusty (and Holden for Lily). The show moves faster than I remember with these new folks - weren't they all first on around August-September '85 at the earliest? (I thought Holden was October)

• Members

Later than that, I think.

The Snyders did come in very quickly. Meg in particular tends to feel shoehorned onto the canvas, to me, mostly salvaged by Jennifer Ashe's talent and charisma until Marland eventually stopped trying to write her as Nola for the MTV era. 

• Members

This is the episode that Shannon (who was clearly meant to be a red herring in this story) enters Lucinda's mansion wearing the green scarf that the bartender described of the woman (who supposedly met Lucinda) to Craig and Sierra. I guess that Iva, when she met with Lucinda at the bar, was also wearing some type of green scarf.

The video and audio quality, as you can probably guess, is not that good so you may want to skip ahead to around 36:00 where the sequence begins.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Meanwhile, still in early 1986: Shannon O'Hara is a lot crazier than I previously realized.

Add in Farley Granger(!!) and this story is completely bananas. I have no idea what's going on but it's a hoot.

• Members

@DRW50 No problem.

During 1986, so much was happening, events overlapped, preceded and followed on the heels of another-- I would've loved to see how it was all plotted out.

As much as there are numerous episodes uploaded to You Tube, there are still several pivotal episodes that are still missing that would give a fuller picture to just how frenetic that year was.  There were many fun scenes, dialogue and episodes, some of which are on You Tube, yet some are still missing.

For this reason, I feel like even though everyone cites 1987 as the year for big things happening, probably because of the Lily reveal but to me 1986 has more big events jam-packed into that one year, it's easy to lose track of just how much went on that year.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It's amazing  that anyone was able to juggle all those stories and weave them into emerging ones, umbrella stories-- then add the unexpected factor of actors leaving, with some returning. 

You see writers on today's soaps who are barely able to scrape together a good A and B story, it makes me a bit more appreciative of this juggling act, oversights, flaws and all.