As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Gawd...they are having the live ATWT chat on Facebook and those present are Trent Dawson, Fluffy and Austin Peck....talk about horrible....no Martha at all either......who wants to ask those fools questions...

Well there was a big fire explosion there and a murder so I doubt anyone wanted to live there.....LOL.  Actually didn't Derek and Lily move to a house a few years later in Ruxton Hills? The one that Derek's dad blew up too....LOL

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know. But it would have been rebuilt. Sometimes Marland created detailed situations that could have been used again later in other storylines but then just dropped these things. At one point there was a community named Alva where something happened to Barbara and Hal. That was dropped. Ten years later Barbara lived at a place called Fair Winds (which I think Hogan Scheffer created) and after Scheffer was let go, the writers in the last years of the show never really mentioned it again. And what about the island where Duncan's castle was? It was pretty much forgotten about after 2000.

• Members

Shades of Steve Urkel - I'm shocked that ATWT never introduced Henry's suave alter ego, Stefan Urquelle. 😨 Trent Dawson had good chemistry with the cast and played comedy very well. He was/is a character actor - not a romantic leading man, and it was a mistake to try to make him into one. At least they didn't ask the audience to buy that Lucinda was his biological mom. 😉

• Members

Yikes, that would be a strong pass for me. 

It would've been interesting had there been a gathering of actors, a writer or two or a production person that we haven't really heard from in awhile. Elizabeth Hubbard will forever be interesting (I'd love to know if she's kept in contact with Ann Mitchell).

I'd really love to hear from someone like Susan Bedsow-Horgan who tends to be more candid about the dynamics in the writer's room and whether a headwriter of Marland's renown actually had full autonomy and if not, how much did the executives try to intrude?

I'm not interested in some people that we always seem to see in social media trying to promote themselves, especially if they had sucky storylines.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

SBH is active on FB, and she always has interesting memories to share of her soap days (and that of her husband, Patrick Horgan, best known for The Doctors). Whoever puts these chats together should definitely seek her out.

P.S. Maybe this is just the cynic in me talking, but am I the only one who is surprised that AP and TC are still married given the scandalous way they got together?

• Members

Horgan was interviewed about her soap work 3-4 years ago - she had a few ATWT questions. It was a podcast. The person posted here and some of us submitted questions. I remember it mostly because I think mine was about Eileen Fulton coming back and I think she said that happened when she wasn't there (which I don't believe was the case, but maybe I am misremembering).

• Members

Oh, okay...I'm not on FB.  

I'd really like someone who is outspoken to answer what it was truly like from the production side and the writer's room, as that's something I've always been interested in.  How much autonomy did a high-caliber head writer have? 

How much interference (there's always a degree of interference) did they have to deal with?  How did this affect specific storylines and/or specific characterizations?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Nice! I wonder if there are any Where the Heart Is promos from this period; I was almost hoping to at least see a title card here, but I guess it and Love of Life were left out on account of being morning soaps.

It’s a man interesting comparison between this one and the 1968 schedule change promo.

• Members

No...but the person who posted the pictures said she was there. I liked Ann Sayre but really that's the best they could do? It was a charity event.......I made a comment that ESS was the best thing about ATWT in the last year....sorry but no love for Fluffy or the rest.....LOL.

Please register in order to view this content