As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

That was from Christmas 1982. David and Ellen Stewart were getting remarried or renewing their vows, and Carol was there as a guest. After she and Steve divorced, she married a minister named Norman Frazier (played by Rita Walter's real-life husband, Rev. Norman Walter). He was the preacher who officiated the nuptials in this episode.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I often thought that Craig would have made more sense to be the son of John Dixon than Margo his daughter. Scott Bryce had the same hair color/features as Larry Bryggman. 

In the 79 episodes they also hinted that Kim and Grant might be interested in each other, but that went nowhere. I would had bought that relationship more than that crap with Nick. 

Speaking of Leslie Denniston I always remember her not only for her soap roles, but she did tons of commercials during the 80's. She was the Lanacane lady complaining about the itch and how it's turned off like a switch with the product. 

• Members

I believe it was Rita Walter's choice to leave the show (and basically, show business altogether). She focused on her growing family and being a full-time minister's wife. 

The story of how Rita and Norm got together is very interesting. I would highly recommend their 1980 book, No Shadow of Turning. Long out of print, I'm sure it can be found through the library and/or used book outlets like Amazon. It contains quite a bit of ATWT anecdotes, such as the fact that Rita was apartment-sitting for Kathy Hays when she and Norm first met. Stephen Bolster, who wasn't on ATWT for long in the grand scheme of things, was there long enough to sense that his young co-star might just be a good match for the young, single pastor of the new church that he and his wife were members of. 

There is also a section of the book that touches on Norm's acting debut on the show - as the minister of Annie and Beau's wedding. He was so nervous and fumbled all over his lines in rehearsal, and was mortified when he mispronounced the bride's name during the taping, to the chagrin of director Len Valenta. But he got over it enough to "officiate" at several other weddings on the show, as well as being a sort of technical advisor over religious matters.

• Members

I can't swear to it, but just my vague impression was that they were always "more" than friends.  I don't mean like they were secretly pining for each other no matter who they were with---just that they leaned on each other at moments.

I do think they might've gone Kim/Bob after Dan's death, if the soap world hadn't suddenly decided to follow GH's lead and start going big adventure/spy/sci-fi stories.

God knows they had a whole stable of Dan recasts to choose from.

• Members

It might have been interesting if Craig and Margo had both been his kids, as Craig might have worked with John in his scheming, while Margo resisted.

The only time I remember seeing Bart (?) Montgomery on the show, he was in story with Margo anyway, not Craig or Cricket.

Thanks.

• Members

correction:  Norman Walter was the minister who was married to Rita McLaughlin (who later changed her professional name to Rita Walter).

Mark Galloway was the character who had a brief affair with Natalie Bannon Hughes, if I am remembering correctly.

Miss Walter was later in a Christian-type movie called Cry from a Mountain.   Today, she is an optician in Westfield, New Jersey.

• Members

Right. Mark Galloway was involved with Susan Stewart. He did not want Susan to regain custody of Emily, and testified against her in the hearing, claiming she was an unfit mother and making Susan lose the case. Susan kicked his ass to the curb and mark left Oakdale. No loss, LOL.