Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Does anyone know whatever happened to Ann Mitchell (Jane McDonald Bingham)?

Has anyone tried asking Elizabeth Hubbard whether she has kept in touch?  I tried looking on IMDB and only found scant biographical information (b. 1956, is that possible??).  

I tried doing a garden variety search online and came up with some interesting results, none of which had anything to do with Ann Mitchell.  The results were pretty wild though, LOL.

In the images section some random photos came up including this one, LOL.  Sharon Case as Debbie Simon.  I think I may try to use this as my new avatar for awhile.

SD0717_time_103.jpg?fit=1380%2C880&ssl=1

• Members

Yes. The Natalie he was married to was played by Judith Chapman.

Lucy is her daughter with Jay Stallings, who was married to Carol at the time. Natalie left Lucy on their doorstep.

She annoyed the hell out of me as Debbie. I was surprised at how much I liked her as Sharon because of how annoying she was as Debbie. That whole story was a lot of boring crap though, as was the case with anything involving Rosanna in those years.

• Members

Still a cute photo though, so I'm gonna use it.

Please register in order to view this content

No offense to anyone in L.A. but I always thought that the soaps on the West Coast had the worst hair styling.  After the 1980s, they truly fell off.

The hair on shows like AMC, ATWT, OLTL was usually on point (with the exception of some terrible trends), no matter the ethnicity because they actually had stylists capable of doing hair and working with any texture.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It's weird seeing Steve with Carol instead of Betsy. I was watching as a little kid back then and the Steve/Betsy/Craig thing came pretty quickly and ate up the show. I wish the show had brought Carol back at some point under Marland. After Tom married Margo, his previous life prior to her was swept under the rug, except his past with Barbara.

I remember back in the late 90's in SOD, they did a feature on CZP. She made a comment about Margaret Colin was her Margo (which she is correct) and Justin Deas was her Tom (which was odd). When Barbara was with Tom the first time, Tom Tammi was playing the role. Years later it was Greg Marx. I don't really recall CZP interacting all the much with Deas. Maybe I missed something when I was in school and could only catch the show during summer ,holidays, and vacation.

• Members

Didn't Deas' Tom help Barbara when she was locked up? I can't remember.

Is that 1982 Christmas episode on Youtube (it was briefly up on the "classic soap episodes" type site when P&G was selling DVDs). Carol briefly appears at a church service - I think it was probably her last appearance in the role, as I believe by this time she may have already been with her new husband. I guess it was saying goodbye.

The little I've seen of Steve and Carol is preferable to Steve and Betsy, partly because Frank Runyeon wasn't overacting and partly because Carol didn't act like someone just slapped her hard in the face before every take, the way Meg Ryan did.

• Members

Reading another synopsis on Wikipedia, it cites 2 instances where Susan is pregnant and loses Dan's baby.

One is around 66/67 when Dan and Susan have been secretly married and the other in 69/70 when Dan and Susan have an argument over divorcing and she falls and loses the baby.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Yes, even back then Meg Ryan was hamming it up. She seemed to be crying every day. I like Carol what I have seen of her. ATWT was at a low point 1980-1983. A lot of new faces showed and vets started departing like Chris, Nancy, Grant, Carol, Jay, etc...Even Eileen Fulton left the role of Lisa in 83. Douglas Marland really helped revive the show when he came on board and ATWT was at the top of it's game. 

Speaking of Steve, I never understood why they put his brother Nick with Kim and Bob with Miranda. Those pairings were Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

The 66/67 must have been the one about her intentionally causing the miscarriage. I bet that made viewers heads spin. 

The late 60's/early 70's time period seemed to be a blast. Irna was writing the show again during that time. I wish we could see some of the Lisa/ Dr.Michael Shea/Claire storyline.  Lisa had Dr. Shea's child Chucky out of wedlock. He later blackmailed Lisa (who hated him by this time) into marrying him because he caught Tom breaking into his office to steal drugs. He planned to make Lisa look like an unfit mother. He was later murdered and Tom was accused. Tom was protecting Lisa because he thought she done it. 

• Members

Lisa/ Dr Michael Shea marriage always read as very intense and War of the Roses esque.  I remember one of the books summarized that she withheld sex from him.. even locking him out of the bedroom and basically barricading the door... but it never mentioned that he blackmailed her into the marriage.  And I guess this is what caused Lisa and Ellen to never get along (which was shown quite a bit in the mid 80s when the two would snip at each other.. but by the early 90s.. the two were cordial, if not a little cool with one another.).

I do wish more episodes with Ellen's mom Claire were around.  My mom was a child and early teen in the 60s.. and would come home from school during lunch to watch with her mom.. and she mentioned that the Ellen I saw in the 80s/90s was not the same Ellen as she watched in the 60s.. even mentioning how her mother Claire was all about how it looked, trying to look and dress younger, and feeling her youth slipping away because she had become a grandma at such a young age, etc.

It is a shame the actress that played Carol left in 1982 because she had been a long time veteran for over a decade and provided consistency with all the changes going on.  At the same time, I don't know how she would have fit on the show as the 80s went on because she was a character that was nice, warm, low key, had a backbone, and wasn't insipid.  SBH and Marland weren't that good at writing those type of characters without there being either angst, OTT theatrics, or being devoid of a backbone.

Plus, I think a lot of what Marland did in late 1985/1986 wouldn't have been possible if the previous writer Susan B Horgan hadn't rebuilt the foundation that he could use to jumpstart his stuff (his ATWT bible even mentioned that he had a pretty good canvas to work from.. all he needed to do was just add a few touches and connect the dots.  He had more work to do on ATWT than he did when taking over GL.. but it was in much better shape than General Hospital was when he started).