As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm surprised it wasn't Meg Ryan's picture. 😂 OOOOPS.

Here's a funny story of Lucas and his teammates flipping through channels and what they saw:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/nats-draft-pick-lucas-giolito-on-seeing-his-mom-in-a-love-scene-on-tv/2012/07/17/gJQAs4nTrW_blog.html?utm_term=.d3232939fbc0

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had forgotten she was with Rick Giolito. I didn't know she had a son with him either. I thought Rick was hot during his time on ATWT. Too bad he turned out to be a villain on the show. Here is a pic of Lindsey and her son…its a few years old..

• Members

Thanks for finding that with Lindsey Frost. 

Is this Don Hastings doing the voiceover for Johnson and Johnson? The guy in the ad is so familiar, as is the woman in the last ad (Susan Brown is in one of the others).

• Members

I loved her as Betsy, she made the character less stupid.

I didn't know that she was going to be cast in A League of Their Own.. but had to back out of it.. and was replaced by Madonna.  So I guess baseball was always in her blood in one way or another.

• Members

Frost was a very good actress, much better than Ryan, but she had ZERO chemistry with Frank Runyeon. Ryan did have a quality that made you watch her on camera. I don't think the writers knew what to do with an intelligent Betsy.

• Members

Even though I also liked Frost, I struggle to think which male co-star she had actual chemistry with besides Scott Bryce, which they were not going to revisit the Betsy/Craig partnering (for obvious reasons).

They sort of threw her together with Steve Bassett for a moment but I didn't see anything between those two, it often seemed like temporary filler, TBH. 

William Fichtner who portrayed a highly problematic character, had powerful chemistry with Jennifer Ashe.

Based on the actual cast, the choices were very limited for Frost's Betsy. I'd say close to nonexistent.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The lack of chemistry didn't bother me that much as to me Marland's ATWT wasn't really a hotbed of passionate pairings. Meg/Josh and later Jessica/Duncan are two of my main exceptions.

I do think they had written Betsy into a corner, especially once they separated her from the Hughes family. She should have been re-integrated during the period when Julianne's Frannie was being phased out. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I actually think that HBS' Margo and Gregg Marx's Tom were very passionate. There's not much to show on YT but it was there.  People will fight me on this but I'd say the same of Craig and Sierra, during that time.

The lack of romantic chemistry for Frost's Betsy didn't bother me either because there should always be a place for single characters and at that point Betsy was a strong enough character to have stood apart but this was the era of The Supercouple, which I suspected might have had something with the diminishing of characters who were not coupled up (with a few exceptions).