Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

God I hate when they have character's sing..even if they sound good. I remember Jack bursting out with a little song and dance number in the police station and it was just so..."Hey LOOK at me...I'm not JUST a soap actor!"  It would have been fine if the other cops would have teased him.."Hey twinkle toes do you take requests?"

But then nothing was scarier then Lisa crawling up on that piano!!!

• Members

I think it's fine for an actor to sing and dance, provided 1) his character is, in fact, a professional entertainer; or 2) there's an actual, story-driven reason (no matter how hokey) for the number -- like, say, as part of a talent show that everyone in town is participating in to raise money for something or someone?  Otherwise, regardless of their level of talent, I think it's just so damn awkward to watch.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Best musical moment? That wasn't a professional? Maybe the moment when Lily's found belting out "I can't make you love me".... the very first time. 

But Craig's surprising Lyla dressed as a lounge lizard has a special place in my heart. 

What I wish I could have seen is Kim's singing the night she bedded Bob. Or any of KH singing. I don't really ever recall Kim singing anything throughout the years. 

• Members

True, and it was nice, after the crappy way Nancy and Chris and the Hughes had been treated for 4 years to see that. Anyone who watched during the Dobson's and Bunim years would never think they would make them the centerpiece of the 30th anniversary..(though I have qualms that they were having their 50th anniversary when it was obvious that Bob was older then 50...)

Though you can hear Wagner's high pitched "singing" on the Christmas shows also...oh my God, I am saying something bad about Nancy Hughes, I am going to Hell!!

Edited by Mitch

• Members

I remember on one special episode (either Christmas or an anniversary), there is a scene of Ben Hendrickson (with his back to the camera) doing some sort of impression to a large group of the cast. The cast just roared laughing, but you couldn't see what he was doing.  

• Members

I’ve been watching Laiman ATWT all night.

And it is so damn good. I have to say that at the time I thought the show was stupid as hell but it is Marland compared to today’s soaps. There are definitely things I’m rolling my eyes at, but there are also things I didn’t like at the time that I can appreciate now. 

i just watched the episode where Katie is confronted by her stalker (not realizing that she had a stalker, thinking she and Henry had made the whole thing up) and it was so fabulous. Suspenseful, well acted, and surprisingly great production values that you would never see now. Best part of all is knowing that the payoff from that episode wouldn’t come till a full 4 months later. This was back when soaps made you wait for a payoff. 

• Members

^

Loved Katie's stalker story/WOAK arc and is one of the few stories I enjoyed with Katie. Why? B/c they didn't try making her the town saint and prop her up, which they'd do in later years. I loved the pay off where she got exposed at the Endicott awards for all her deviant acts and we saw her fall from grace. 

Katie was interesting when she was bad. When they declawed her with Simon and even later with Mike and Jack, I loathed her. It annoyed me that Kim and Nancy would only be brought out at times to speak highly of Katie. 

Please register in order to view this content