Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Over the past few days, I was thinking that when I was a kid,  how this time of year, in particular, was usually a great time for ATWT. 

Their autumn storylines, leading right through the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holidays were usually some of the best stories, in the '80s especially.

There were even some really entertaining Halloween episodes back then.

This time of year, I tend to really remember how good and comforting and entertaining it could be to watch this show.

I've seen that July '85 episode before on You Tube, maybe this is a re-upload?

I wish the actual costume ball episodes that came after were posted too (fingers crossed). I would love to see Lucinda's reaction to being undone with the costumes switches (and by Lisa, no less!)

Those scenes between Bob and Frannie were special. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

All soaps back then knew how to celebrate the holidays. Like you said even Halloween was fun. That warmth is long gone from today's soaps. I would love to see the costume ball as well. I would love to see all the ladies at the ball dressed up as Cleopatra

Please register in order to view this content

I must say ATWT was in nice shape before DM. The more i see of SBH's run the more i like it. 

• Members

For years, I missed spending the holiday season with my soap opera family. When I was younger, that was the Cory's and the Hudson's. When I was an adult, that was the Snyder's and The Hughes'.  I would love to know what about it is so comforting. I don't have the answer; I just know it to be true. Mac giving the thanksgiving toast on AW is another strong memory of mine. 

I feel blessed to have all these years of ATWT that I've never seen. I've still got some family holiday time on my soaps to look forward to. Oct/Nov/Dec of 1987 seem to be fairly well intact on YouTube and I'm looking forward to the holiday episodes, assuming those exist. If not, at least I'll spend some of the holiday time with the Oakdale residents!

• Members

I think the date on this is wrong...(not that its a big deal) but its has to be 1984 right before the transition to Marland..Bob and Kim got married in the spring.. Stewart and Marcy get married in the fall and shipped off, the intro of Shannon..Lisa opening the yacht club..God, I can't believe I remember this stuff.  I didnt remember Craig moving into Bob's ugly old set...and how many rooms did Kim's house have, with the two of them, Frannie, Andy and Nancy and Chris living there?

• Members

Speaking of Marland's writing tenure, I came across this interview in the NYTimes and found it quite interesting.

One particularly informative nugget: At least twice a week, he wrote his own breakdown and he edited every script for consistency's sake.

THEY SPIN THE TALES FOR SOAP OPERAS

Also, apparently he was a chain smoker.

Fascinating that he really only wanted to stay a year or two because he wanted to launch a new soap.

Edited by DramatistDreamer