As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Much as I often loathe Steve, telling Lucinda to shove her job offer up her ass and slamming the door in her face was an amazing moment. And I even felt a little something when he told Betsy goodbye and left.

Margo finding out that Lyla and Casey are together was also exceptional. That relationship was building for so long.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

My memory's a little fuzzy, but I think there was also Oakdale High. IIRC, Oakdale Latin was created in the mid-90's, with the Dani/Pete/Nikki years.  Latin was for the rich kids, but by the end, all the kids went there.

• Members

Up to Christmas Eve 1986. Eileen Fulton brought such classy melodrama to the show with Earl's departure. Just the way they framed it and she played it, which even in 1986 felt sort of a bygone era. And that great ending scene, Lisa walking around the apartment, wanting to take down the Christmas tree, again a beautiful shot of her crying, and then when Earl returns and surprises her.

Oh, how I ugly cried. A lot. I'm such a sucker for Christmas 'miracles' when done right, and the emotion from EF was so strong. Just wonderful stuff.

• Members

@DRW50 Those talk show clips were fun to watch, thanks for posting them!

Marisa Tomei was so adorable back then.

Boy, I could imagine the fit some people would have today if a Black man even fake punched a White woman!  Kidding, sort of.

Where is Eddie Hatch these days?  Does anybody know?  

Tucker had such a strange non exit from the show.  And, not for nothing but within a year after Tucker left Oakdale, Steve's business went straight to hell.  I guess we know who was keeping the company's budget in line.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Bittersweet photo. On the one hand, it's a nice acknowledgement, albeit a diminished one.  No Don Hastings, Kathryn Hays and Eileen Fulton.  No Grant Aleksander.  I'm suprised they couldn't get Kim Zimmer.

I guess they were making do with who was available. I'm glad to see some representation from ATWT and GL however reduced.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I'm willing to concede that maybe Hastings, Hays and Fulton (who are all 83) may not have wanted to schlepp across country for a photo shoot. But it would have been nice. It's an odd assortment of P&G stars, to put it politely.

Is it just me---or does everyone have the same fake smile?

It may be unreasonable, but I don't GAFF if CBS honors their trainwreck daytime line up now. The complete pic has Braeden, KKL and their bastardized hosts of crap front and center.

• Members

Yes, it would have been wonderful to see Hastings, Hays, and Fulton featured in the photo, even though it would have made longtime fans get all choked up.

I literally have not watched any new program on CBS since ATWT and TGL were cancelled. I'd rather watch vintage soap opera episodes on youtube than the drek CBS is offering us now.

• Members

I'm actually having a ball watching old soap storylines that I've heard about and never seen. Early 90s Guiding Light, anything from Loving, various time periods of Another World. I need to hit up ATWT though I have seen a lot of the 80s and 90s from a friend's tapes. There are so many famous storylines that are still talked about for a good reason, they are super fun and engaging. Nothing I've seen on a soap in the last 10 years has remotely come close to those vintage stories!