As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I think they brought Marcy on to be a Nola type character, but then Lisa, who at that time took EVERY bad/wayward/heading on the wrong track character under 30 under her wing, did just that..nothing like a former bad girl now sassy lady to fix people's wagons. Marcy then became a good girl ditzy dreamy romantic.  But I remember the Bob Marcy story being serious...Marcy was looking for a father figure and (who else in Oakdale would you turn to) and confused those feelings with being romantic and turned on him, (with the help of John.) I think it might have been written sloppier then it should have..or as Marland would have written it. But what do I know, at the time my high school/college self had the hots for Jay!!!

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From what little I've seen of classic ATWT, I loved Rita McLaughlin Walter as Carol. She's now retired from acting and she and her minister husband, Norm, celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this past December. They are the parents of three and grandparents of five.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I miss it so much too. I've been watching tribute vids on youtube and it makes me sad. With all the crap on all the tv channels we have nowadays, you'd think they could either rerun the show or revive it in some manner.

The other thing is yesterday was Don Hastings' 83rd birthday. I was surprised to find out he's slightly younger than both Eileen Fulton and Kathy Hays, who were both born in '33. (Don was born in '34, if my sources are correct.)

• Members

Yup, this also made me sad as I just realized this several minutes ago. Honestly, I'd settle for P&G uploading some vintage episodes online on a portal somewhere. Only a few years ago, did I learn that they used AOL as a portal to upload episodes- sorry I missed that and I wished they'd do this again.

I just can't believe they're content to do nothing with that collection of episodes- I mean even their most popular/talked about storylines.

I keep hoping that something is in the offing sometime in the near future but I think this would be wishful thinking.

• Members

In a little over a week, this episode will be 60 years old!

I

I was reading the Wikipedia pages of Santos Ortega and Ruth Warrick. Ms. Warrick was quite a lady. She once refused an award given to her by the South Carolina Arts Commission because they wouldn't remove the Confederate battle flag. 

It's interesting to try to place each character within context of the Hughes family. That Bob and Penny had an Aunt Edith and an Uncle John (of all names!).

There's an announcement for the Edge of Night during the closing credits!

Edited by DramatistDreamer
wanted to embed the video