Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yea, Lily and Mark Kasnoff..wasnt she hiding in a box to escape Malta and the customs people were stabbing in with swords...I always wanted to do that to Lily! Seeing those clips and remember the storyline I see how much the GL writers stole from this storyline for Michele vs. Carmen. Too bad they also stole the over the top crazed Orleana replacment actresses version for Carmen. Carmen as Original Recipe Orleana..cool and deadly..mixing it up with the Bauers and the Spauldings would have been fun.

Yea, Lily and Mark Kasnoff..wasnt she hiding in a box to escape Malta and the customs people were stabbing in with swords...I always wanted to do that to Lily! Seeing those clips and remember the storyline I see how much the GL writers stole from this storyline for Michele vs. Carmen. Too bad they also stole the over the top crazed Orleana replacment actresses version for Carmen. Carmen as Original Recipe Orleana..cool and deadly..mixing it up with the Bauers and the Spauldings would have been fun.

• Members

@Mitch  Lily and Mark were fine but I loved Mark with Connor although I know many didn't. I don't know why they wanted her with grandpa Cal.  I hadn't realized the similarities in Michele vs Carmen and Orlena vs Lily until you brought that up. Orlena was a better villian when played by Claire Bloom. The recast was way over the top.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I thought Mark was fine..yea, he was the typical non acting hunk but the guy carried it off and tried. I HATED him and Connor, but I HATED Connor and have no idea why anyone liked that witchey nosed woman! But then nothing was worse then Cal and Lyla...(SNORE) and the fight over Indian land or something???

Love Bloom's Orlena and think she could give a class on how to play a villain...Loved her casual dismissal of "The silly Lisa.." and when she killed boring whathisface Grimaldi and delightfully put pressure on his wounds..that was some SCARY [!@#$%^&*]! If only Carmen would have been like that..not only would she work against Chele, but align herself with Alan (was tired of RR with younger women) and fight with Alex..

• Members

I liked Ti Amo...just didnt like her with Mark.  When she first came on, she was helping the police locate Casey...had a mutual respect thing going with Margo...and she and Hal were butting heads (and had chemistry)...then she was stuck in the kasnoff bubble for the remaining time on the show.

• Members

So for something completely different I've tried watching what I have of the Bob/Marcy story but it is so embarrassingly bad but somehow funny in a cosmic, quirky sort of way. It reminds me a lot of Roger Moore and Lynn Holly Johnson in the 007 flick For Your Eyes Only which their scenes were meant for comedy. I think Bob and Marcy were meant for comedy but someone on the writing team at the same time took them too seriously. 

• Members

Each time I look them up I am finding more and more gems there on Youtube in regards to ATWT and GL it's becoming astounding. I think Marcy did but she still had a huge crush on him and from what I've seen so far was was Elaine Princi's Miranda walking in the middle on Marcy(Thompson, not Breen) basically pouncing on Bob and with Miranda calling it quits to leave town with an ex fiance who of hers who was visiting her. Zsa Zsa would have been proud. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I remember thinking what a great find Marisa Tomei was back then. She literally stole every scene she was in. Especially riveting (and heartbreaking) were her scenes with that trashy mother of her character. I did lose interest when they paired her up with that asexual Lord Cushing.