Dancing with the Stars: Season 11

• Members

Yeah, Master P comes to mind *shudders*

I'm glad Michael stood up for himself tonight, however BOTH Len and Bruno piss on whoever they think are bad and they don't care whose feelings they hurt so Len needed to stop the hypocrisy. The sooner they stop coddling Bristol the better.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How is that any worse than what Len himself says. In all 11 seasons, he's said alot worse than Bruno did. He always gives words of encouagement even when he doesnt like a performance? Give me a break. He should have been struck with lightning when that line came out of his mouth

• Members

Beyond Bolton, he made some nasty comments to Florence Henderson, saying that it was like watching "Dragging Miss Daisy."

He just likes to say harsh stuff to get attention.

They only care about praising the people they want to build up ahead of time, like Bristol Palin, Jennifer Grey or their beloved athletes.

• Members

:blink: Really? Hands down the best choreographer of the whole group? I'm glad they paired him with Grey, even if it seemed a bit obvious, and would bet lots of money they'll be in the last trio.

I do not get Brooke Burke as co-host at all. I remember many online last year went on about what an improvement she was over Samantha Harris (who I didn't much like either)--I don't see it.

He's all about the soundbite, and has become more so.

• Members

I know Derek is a good choreographer but more often than not I am underwhelmed because it's all effort and less and less polish, or the idea is tacky, or the partner isn't really capable of what he's giving them. I didn't care for the "hot for teacher" stuff last night, or him dragging her around the floor after the judges comments, to "prove" she could do a move.

A lot of the partnerships this season might have looked good on paper but don't quite work out onscreen. Or they never looked good on paper. I know Florence supposedly requested Corky, but he is a terrible camera hog and the whole waltz looked like a self-parody, especially that awful kiss on the mouth at the end. I think he is repulsive viewing. He seems like he needs to turn everything into a dirty joke.

I wish Margaret was a better dancer, or had more concentration, because if she was just a little better she might have a stronger chance of staying. I'm kind of annoyed, if not surprised, when I hear people say, "We don't want politics on this show," because stopping gay teenagers from killing themselves is not political. Having various Republican politicians and their children parade around year after year looking for audience adoration would be more political.

Brandy and Maks are very offputting to watch. There's a real disconnect there and I don't see any great dancing talent from Brandy. The show is so desperate to have the same damn story every year of Maks fighting with his partners that they didn't realize how badly Brandy was going to overdo that last week. Now this week you have a$$-smacking Maks and Len tearing into him. Very awkward and unentertaining.

Rick is making more of an effort and he's very pleasant with Cheryl, so that's nice. I feel the same way about Kurt and Anna. As dancers, the two men are forgettable, which is probably preferable to a lot of viewers. My guess is as long as they don't start shaking their fists and verbally abusing their partners, they should be around for a while.

Lacey and Kyle are very childish. You can tell he's from Disney. He has that perma-grin glued on his face. Nice to see Len finally pointed out his awful footwoork. Isn't Lacey oh-so-edgy, with her hair that looks like a Night of 1,000 Stevies tribute gone wrong and her very very edgy trashing of The Eagles? Next week Lacey's going to go really wild and tell us Billy Joel isn't a real rocker! And meanwhile she will continue to do nothing for her partner's flaws, as she never does.

Audrina is a fembot, programmed for audience response, but she's a good match for Tony, as she listens to what he says, and Tony is a capable choreographer who tries to help his partners improve if they can. I think they're getting better and better, even if the sudden judge love seems more about trying to manipulate a storyline (watch out Jennifer/Derek) than anything else.

• Members

I absolutely hated the storyline plot and the outfits for derek and jennifer yesterday. Derek needs to get it together. How in the heck did they get a 24/30 when they messed up right in front of the judges? I'm rooting for derek and jennifer, but I was not impressed yesterday.

CarlD2 did derek drag Jennifer again? lol I will have to go back and watch that. But he did drag her in there second dance last week, I'm very shocked that the judges didn't comment on that last week. I don't know what this dragging is about, could it be stamina, running out of steam on Jen's part? I don't know but Derek needs to stop doing this jennifer is capable of doing the dance steps, but maybe not as fast she is 50 afterall.

• Members

Every time I see Brandy with Max I think DIVA. Maybe it's her approach but to me she's trying way too hard to prove the title should be hers. DWTS thought she and Max would have been a lock because of her fanbase with he having the fangurl fandom but the two of them is a huge dud. I hate that Max always gets paired with the celebrities DWTS think would win. He ain't all that! And Mark is so much hotter.

I love Ana for the simple fact that she's a terrific dancer but she always gets paired with mediocre partners.

Kyle ain't gonna last long. He's chubby and seems out of place. The audience will get rid of him very soon and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before Henderson. Surprised she lasted this long to begin with.

Cheryl was grating on my nerves the last few seasons since she was stuck on the 3 'peat but she's mellowed a lot since it eluded her.

All in all, this season has mediocre celebrities. I'm totally underwhelmed with the performances.

• Members

Lisa sucked too.

I think the job is just thankless. I have never seen a good co-host in this format, aside from Drew Lachey, and I think they will never do that again because they want to have a woman co-hosting.

Tonight's results show I got through in about ten minutes. The highlight was of all things Donny in Vegas. Mark Ballas has become so cocky -- having his sleazy father (who apparently kissed Florence in that waltz without even asking her -- classy thing to do since the dance was about her late husband) on the show doesn't help. Michael Bolton sounded good but I am so tired of hearing "Hallejulah." The more everyone sings it the more I wonder why it is seen as some great ballad when the lyrics don't suggest that was ever the idea. And the fog machine? Why? Several times I thought Anna fell and suffocated from the fumes. Then the children's choir??? Was that some tribute to Tina Turner? We Don't Need Another Bruno?

I guess they are desperate for Bristol to stay around, if they put her near the end to get votes for her.

Not surprised Margaret left but I was hoping some of the others (Florence, Jersey Shore, Bristol) might first.

I don't know if he dragged her but the routine didn't seem suited to her. It seemed to be, again, about his ego. The whole "hot for teacher" is so played out and it became kind of disturbing after he said this was based on him being in the third grade.

• Members

I think they didn't realize how Brandy is not the type of celebrity who will do well with someone who is aggressive. This is where I miss the male pros who were not always showing off. There are only a few left, like Tony. Since Maks is more of a showboat and doesn't have as much time to placate his partners, you get very uncomfortable situations like what he and Brandy do. They barely even dance together.

I don't mind Maks sometimes but he has become way too full of himself. Did you see him dancing around when everyone else was sad Margaret was leaving? Then he complained yesterday because Carrie Ann grabbed at his butt. He does that to Tom every week.

Archived