Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Linda Gray is the one I trust when it comes to the taste level of the show. She left DALLAS when it started going to hell, so I know she's aware of what constitutes good writing.

They need to hire NO NAMES. This is TNT, not starfucking NBC, let's hire some TALENT people! Let's make some stars here!

It's sort of a shame that Sue Ellen is going to be sober...nobody played a drunk quite like Linda Gray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aB-d-umNQ0

• Members

I was talking about Val and Gary's son Bobby. They can ignore the fact that he was named after his notdead!uncle.

Speaking of which, I know they won't fill the show with the old crew, but I hope they at least pull a Degrassi and put a bunch of them in the pilot or opening episodes just so we can get a look at the characters again. Give me some Cliff and Ray!

• Members

John Ross would sleep with a dude. He'd sleep with anyone to get whatever he wants. That's how I envision him, anyway: just like his dad, but even less sexually inhibited (if that's possible).

Yeah, Linda Gray left DALLAS at just the right time. Ironically, though, Sue Ellen ended up being the best damn female character that show ever had, and probably the only adversary of her ex's who could be a real match.

• Members

I hope the show will at least pay tribute to Miss Ellie, even if Barbara Bel Geddes is gone. I don't mean a big goodbye episode, but it would be nice to just have some mention of her on a consistent basis, and perhaps some flashbacks.

I have to admit I paused when Linda said she was promised Sue Ellen would be strong now. Usually that type of thing goes downhill very quickly.

I'm waiting to hear whether Charlene Tilton will be involved. Lucy was a lot of fun when she was given the chance, and I'd love to see her wandering around Southfork, tipsy and rude and the family embarrassment.

• Members

I think it would be very much like the show to have a huge portrait of Miss Ellie somewhere in Southfork.

As far as Lucy, I could totally see that...overweight, sloppy, totally disenchanted and upset with life so she's a big old, nasty b!tch to everyone else. That might be too fun for TN-"we know drama"-T.

I'd say so. Christopher was like 17-18 in JR Returns, so he should be early 30s now. If them considering Kiefer Sutherland for John-Ross is any indication, they're probably casting older for Christopher as well. [Y&R]John Leguizamo as Christopher[/Y&R]. Seriously, though, Pat Duffy doesn't look old enough to be Daddy to a 45-year-old, so I wish they'd just leave the ages alone.

I'd like to see some former soapers in there somewhere, though. Eric Sheffer Stevens would be perfect as a new Barnes.

ETA: I know :lol:

• Members

Christopher Demantil played Christopher in the reunion movie. He was pretty good. Jessee is 26 and too young to play Christopher but he looks like Christopher. I like the idea of Eric Sheffer Stevens. He could play Christopher. He is in his 30's. Just sayin......:)

• Members

I'd love if John Ross was written that way...as an equal opportunity offender...happy to screw anyone to get his way. Love it.

And yes, Sue Ellen was the only adversary that was a real match for JR. The writing for JR and Sue Ellen, generally from beginning to end, but more specifically in the first few seasons, was so psychologically layered, those two really needed each other. Their individual neurosis fed the others in a twisted, symbiotic way. It was really, really, delicious. They could get under each other's skin like no other twosome I've seen on television.

And by the end, Sue Ellen was her own woman.

Archived