Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I want John Ross to be the gay/bisexual Ewing (w/ his father's penchant for duplicity and reckless behavior, of course). He'll be involved at first w/ a gorgeous blonde girl with "good breeding" (a good way, I think, to introduce a third, oil-rich family on the show), but his true love will be a male Barnes offspring.

• Members

Can't wait for this. Sounds good. I agree that Kiefer Sutherland is too old for John Ross. The story about it that's linked does say LOST's Josh Holloway (ex-Sawyer) is up for the show. He'd be great as John Ross imho. Hopefully Gary & Val's twins Betsy and Bobby are part of it as well, as well as Ted Shackelford(Gary), Joan Van Ark(Val), maybe Priscilla Presley(Jenna), Victoria Principal(Pam) & Steve Kanaly(Ray). Bobby & Jenna's daughter Charlie should also be part of the show.

• Members

I would much rather see hitherto unknown RADA-trained English actors as the next generation of Ewings than a bunch of E-list has/neverbeens from '90s FOX/WB/UPN shows. Maybe throw in one or two familiar faces, and as attractive as I find her, Love Hewitt is NOT the answer for this, nothing beyond a recurring role as a lawyer or jilted baby mama for her.

• Members

Yes, that's what I was going to say. Very often, we see hit shows that start off with almost complete unknowns, who are elevated to stardom because of the show... the Opposite is much more difficult, especially if the show doesn't work. So I would say: Just find the best, most talented people you can find. And take it from there.

• Members

Just stop mentioning her name already 'cause you're only giving people the wrong idea. :lol:

JLH is one horrific actress and that she was lead as a ghost wisperer and still sucked speaks volumes.

If they want to make the new DALLAS work they need some well-trained and no name actors, I couldn't agree more. Steal them from theatre or have a look at current or former soapers... The show would be cheaper to produce and easier to make it.

• Members

I can definitely see that, but I'm hoping that they don't go too obvious with the characters and their subsequent casting. Instead of the "new" J.R., the "new" Bobby, the "new" Sue Ellen, et cetera, they should challenge themselves to be more creative and develop the children and their mates in unique ways. Of course there will be similarities and every soap has its archetypes, but I'm really hoping they won't take all of the easy ways out and poorly clone the original.

• 1 month later...

Archived