• 1 month later...
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I haven't watched yet. That wig scares me off.

I was reading a Digest interview from the early 90s or so, about stories that fizzled out, and one of the people interviewed was Celeste Holm. She said that at first Jane Wyman was very friendly toward her, but that changed once she started more regularly on the show. She said she thought Jane was threatened by her. She also said she'd known Jane in their Hollywood years and she thought Jane was destroyed because she broke up with Reagan, assuming he was going nowhere, only for him to become President.

• Members

What a horrible Chase and Maggie....lol...glad they were recast and Maggie having a British accent...yikes....speaking of yikes....Jane Wyman's hair was scary.....lol and Jamie Rose boring...I guess she got hired because she had that Waltons look......lol....it seems everyone else stayed like William Moses and Abby Dalton......funny seeing Michael Swan...didnt think he could be that hot....lol..and the music and opening/closing just awful as well as the title of the soap....lol....and I noticed several behind the scenes art directors etc that were on Dallas later in its years.

Btw...the rest of the pilot is on youtube...havent seen it all yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

There were some shows that tried to educate, but the ones that tried to entertain generally did. The actors did it seriously. One of the reasons I can't stomach most of what is called "primetime soap" today is because it is such very hollow, stale camp (Marc Cherry).