Y&R Stars (or any soap really) who don't get along in real life.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Allegedly they did not get along at all. Sarah was brought in to play Susan's daughter and ended up being the breakout star of her story. Sarah got alot of buzz, attention and became very popular, very fast. Kendall was the reason to watch back in the early 90s and Susan allegedly got jealous. I can see why she would feel that way and scared bc she was aging and here comes this newbie taking all the attention and being primed as a younger version of Erica. I also heard that Sarah let the hype get to her head and wasnt the easiest person to work with. It was a case of two divas clashing. The big kicker came in 1995 when SMG won an Emmy. Susan lost that night, adding to her growing losing streak. I heard something about her going to the TPTB and issuing an ultimatum. SMG was promptly fired after her win and last aired 2 months later. Whether any of this is true is unknown but the timing seems very supscious. Even if it is true, SMG getting fired was the best thing that could have happened to her bc she ultimately went on to land the role of Buffy which is what she became most known for. The character of Kendall remained of the canvas for 7 nears before brought back. SL has gushed about Alicia Minshew and loves her but never ever mentions SMG. SMG also talks highly of her time at AMC, but rarely mentions SL. I think theres at least some truth to the fact that they clashed and did not get along

• Members

SMG was great on AMC as Kendall. She could have been the next generation of AMC. Too bad they fired her. She was the best Kendall. I liked AM at the beginning but she got to wishy washy and was on WAY TOO MUCH that I got sick of her. I still hate seeing her on screen...lol

• Members

I agree with the theory that Susan was not nearly as innocent as she was painted to be. And from what I know about the chick who played Maria, she doesn't strike me as the type to become best friends (and they are still very close) with someone who is a monster (as Sarah was portrayed). Although Sarah was supposedly a cold taskmaster on Buffy..

• Members

Sarah wasn't fired, she just didn't renew her contract. As a matter of fact, she countered certain allegations by saying in the press that this was not a matter of her winning the Emmy and getting "too big for her britches" thusly ditching daytime. She had already been planning to go.

It's my *personal* theory that SMG was a precocious New York child actor-type who acted "grown" and perhaps rubbed some people the wrong way in that regard. If she got comfortable in her role, was getting popular, getting to know the crew, and started overstepping her bounds and talking to adults on their level, yeah, I could totally see SL giving her the <_< for that. I'm not painting SL as a saint, but I bet she's got no patience for people who act anything less than gracious, especially if she's rolling with the punches. All conjecture. I realize how this is going to sound :lol: but my friend's former co-worker (I told you! :lol: ) used to date SMG and she said that he said that she said that SL was a b!tch. Even if that did come out of SMG's mouth, I'm still more inclined to be team Lucci. I also think SL is more the type to show any bitchy true colors behind closed doors. If she was a B to SMG I bet it wasn't necessarily to her face. -_-

• Members

Anyone remember the dressing room fight that broke out between Watros and Zimmer on GL? I think Zimmer later blamed it on "playing hostile characters" and "too close of quarters" because they did later did a play together after GL.

What about writer Richard Culliton being punched by actor Anthony Geary? I have never watched GH, but I remember that was a big story when it happened.

Here's this for thought, around the time Michael Zaslow passed SOD or SOW did a "Where are they now?" interview with Beverlee McKinsey. When asked about her thoughts Zaslow's passing, she said it was sad but said they had never gotten along. Anyone know the reasons? It almost sounded like the secret feud of Johnny Carson and Joan Rivers.

• Members

Victoria Rowell and.. well Victoria Rowell can not stand CK. I mean she hates this girl to no end, I'm reading her twitters and WOW! I send her a tweet to cool it down. I no fan of CK, but Damn! But Victoria Rowell tweets are like those reality shows you can not stop watching or reading in her case.

• Members

When it comes to the bad blood between Rowell and Kahlil, Kahlil made it sound like Vicky was just mean, or being a bitch. However, in one interview, Vicky made a comment, something like "when you work with me, you come prepared". Which seems to say her problem with Kahlil was lack of professionalism. And judging from Kahlil's peformances and from what she's said in interviews, Vicky is COMPLETELY justified on that front.

Archived