Y&R Stars (or any soap really) who don't get along in real life.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I sometimes agree, I sometimes don't. Quite honestly, though, I think it's because Eileen plays a bitch far better than the put-upon heroine. Look no further than her DAYS run as evidence of that.

But I'm biased because my first encounter with her was on Santa Barbara & in the back of my mind, she'll always be a sh!tastic actress on some level. Please don't take this as an insult to Carrington Garland because I think she's truly one of the most underrated actresses of all-time on soaps & should have landed something by now with all the audtions she's been on, but when pretty much the ENTIRE Santa Barbara fanbase thinks CG is a far superior actress to 27 year soap vet ED........that should tell you something. There's a reason why Eileen doesn't and probably never will have an Emmy on her mantle. And no, Kennylicious, Toups, et all Days fans, it's not because the system is flawed. It's because there's always someone better.

(Is it just me, or does Kristian Alfonso seem downright giddy that ED lost.

KA: "OK I ADDDDDMMMITTTTTT IT!!!! I HATE EILEEN DAVIDSON & HER 4 CHARACTERS! GIVE ME PRINCESS GINA OR GIVE ME DEATH!")

In all seriousness, though, I read some things from Dan Kroll in one of the old Soap Star World chats/interviews that Kristian Alfonso was more than a little happy ED was gone & she was finally going to get a story.

BTW, it says something when KIM ZIMMER has the most understated clip.

Afuckingmen! I remember when they dumped ED, I was SCREAMING Bring on the EPP!

Judging by her FB posts, she got along very well with JW & looks back on her Y&R years fondly.

• Members

She's one of the most overdue.

One of the biggest problems with Eileen is she isn't a cookie cutter actress.

For instance Martha Byrne plays a GREAT heroine but as a bad girl not so much & vice versa with Robin Strasser.

Eileen can do it all & it works (especially for Ashley) but it makes it hard for some viewers to warm up to her.

• Members

I think Eileen has her moments but for me there's not a lot of warmth and she tends to play up the more unpleasant aspects of her character. It's nice that she doesn't see her character as a saint, but as a result I have struggled to care about Ashley. The way she is with Jack doesn't help but then that's the way the whole family is written now. Add in that they gave up actually writing for Ashley a long time ago...I still think that the Ashley gaslighting and pregnancy was supposed to be for Sabrina.

I do think that she was probably put in an impossible position with being cast on Santa Barbara in a role which was all wrong for her at a time when the show was going down the tubes.

And I think she's been more in tune with some of the sympathetic areas of Ashley this time around, as in the baby Faith story, where I at least believed she loved the child (Sharon treated it, then and now, as no big deal).

• Members

This is the problem.

Eileen doesn't cheat with Ashley but usually the quality of the writing doesn't support her work.

Ashley is used as a plot device & all the work Eileen invests in the character is wasted.

Look how much energy she put into selling the gaslighting story only for it to be all but dropped now & not to mention Hope/Faith's death & her entire relationship with Victor.

Eileen has tried to give Ashley as much dignity as possible but TPTB are intent on destroying the character.

Totally.

A perfect example of Ashley being used as a plot device.

Eileen tends to like & play to the harder aspects of the character because she knows TPTB won't write for her much (if at all).

She's definitely not the warmest actress but she makes strong choices & tries to support them unlike others (Lauralee Bell, Tracy Bregman, Giggly Heffa)

• Members

Since the thread title mentions any soap, I'd like to inquire about Michael Park and Austin Peck on ATWT. Rumors were flying that they couldn't stand each other. True or just rumor? Also, in her recent SOD interview, Noelle Beck mentions how much she'll miss working with Liz Hubbard, Kathleen Widdoes, Paolo Seganti and Jon Lindstrom. Seems like she left one person out.....

Archived