Shortland Street

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I disagree. I think she's hilarious and quite entertaining. The boring neanderthal Coopers needed a shake up and Zlata making them work for me.

On another note, Kylie is such a hoe. I was laughing my ass off when she said the line about TK's ring being off his finger turning her on.

• Members

Wendy better be on her way to getting an abortion. The last thing this show needs is another Cooper.

And I meant to say this awhile back, but the way TK found out about Josh and Roimata's affair was brilliant. One of the best affair reveals in a long time on a soap.

• Members

The civil union to keep Zlata in the country is an interesting twist. It could be considered fraud to the immigration authorities. Then one of them will meet a nice man and there you have a story.

I recall Bella wanted to have a child and Luke did not agree - it explains how she is so attached to Luke's child.

Josh is getting creepier and creepier. No wonder Roimata left. He was not that controlling over Paige, or Lana.

It would be sad for the boys to lose Rachel, after all that time, and have to adjust to a new series of ladies - Rachel and her panic attacks and her sticking with work as it is more controllable is a fairly good story.

• Members

Bella and Zlata is such a great twist on such a tired soap story. And Zlata makes me laugh at least once every time she's on.

I wonder if Dallas' reaction to believing Bella and Zlata were lesbians is forshadowing for when it comes out that Seth is gay? I do admit, I wouldn't mind him being gay affecting his career negatively because he's just as sumg as his little friend Sarah, and them in scenes together is ass overload. What is it like to be gay in New Zealand anyway? Is it generally accepted like in Canada or is the struggle similar to those in the US or worse?

Josh makes me so uncomfortable, too. I wonder how much his creep factor will go up now that Roimata has tried to get away. I totally thought she was going to fall deeper into panic when the previews showed her with that abusive husband. It was a nice change to see her overpower him in the end.

And wasn't it wonderful for Emma to get one over on Sarah! I really, really need someone to completely destory her. LoL You can tell she is thirsty for reuniting with TK. I hope and pray he moves onto Emma instead eventually, pushing Sarah off her undeserved pedestal.

When Chris said they were over, my heart broke. This story truly has been fascinating for me as well. I guess we must ask ourselves how long it'll be before Harper sticks her claws in. I would love a story like this for Hope on DAYS.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I love that Rachel figured out Henry was betraying her so soon. I hope she completely ruins him and Seth. And if Sarah is caught in the line of fire ... :)

Finally Ula seems to be growing up a bit. Let's hope for the love of God it sticks.

And the ending to the Zlata story was great. That scene where Zlata felt completely alone in a room full of people was very well done. And I'm happy Bella will be moving out on her own. She really needs to start hanging out with Vinnie / Nicole and them more.

• Members

I like the way they are realistic about clothes - Bella's green coat keeps popping up.

The show appears to be very conscious of gay issues. And they stay consistent - US soaps tend to start off and then chicken out. But on SS there has been Maya, Nicole, Gerald, now Seth and Henry. And this little story with Zlata and Bella.

It was probably good to relieve Bella of the money so she can be a young person in regular mode again, like Vinnie and Nicole.

Ula did seem to grow up a little. They did her make up and hair differently - she seemed to look prettier. Now being 18 she can be thrown in with the older crowd - already there looks to be a triangle developing with Bella and Dallas.

I am feeling bad for Rachel. Addictive personality, just because it's Bella's stolen pills rather than alcohol does not mean she does not need to call her sponsor. And she has the means for psychiatric treatment. Of course she'll stay in denial until the panic attacks do something awful. Chris not understanding now makes sense, since she does not confide. The conversation at the party between Chris and Murray - seemed foreshadowing that Chris and Rachel will work it out in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Dallas' homophobia is bubbling to the surface slowly but surely. It was great, however, to see everyone hating on Seth and Henry. And the best part was no Sarah give her smug two cents.

Poor Brooke is playing a dangerous game. It'll be sad when she, of course, loses everything, again.

And I was so gleeful to see Josh get into the predicament he's now found himself in. If anyone deserves to be in that situation, it's him.

It's so great how these long episodes on Monday still go by so quickly for me. This show is just so damn good and has been since November.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Monday was good. Really kept my attention. The writers are good.

Brooke and Boyd will be an interesting couple.

I LOL'd when they said speak of the devil when Seth showed up.

Dana is less of a cow than originally appeared.

Wendy is a bit Over the top, if she wanted to tell no one, she needed to keep her chin up. Telling Evan was dumb as dumb could be; she might have realized the possibility of a misunderstanding, but then there is all that stress. Interesting issue, I would think Murray and Wendy do not need to tell their other children; Wendy was just so miserable that it brought up questions.

• Members

Brooke just continues to be the gift that keeps on giving. I really hope she succeeds in ending Josh's pitiful career. And I really hope Jasmine going to Uni isn't a cop out. I want that bitch gone and the chance to create any more of her insipid friends to go with her.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I have a feeling Josh is not long for this world.

Feels like a great big Sarah vacation is taking place ! Along with Chris and Rachael.

Sending Jasmine off to college, interesting the Coopers don't seem to go, not sure about Bella. Seems she didn't go but went to beauty school?

• Members

This Dayna story would be so good if she could actually act. However, Josh and Rachel losing everything keeps me glued to the screen. I wonder if Josh will actually attempt suicide. Putting Bella in the story was a good move to make me sympathize with him, which I haven't done in some time.