Shortland Street

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They haven't made a big deal out of it, but I did figure he was Muslim considering his name and references to traditional values. He'll probably get an Islamophobia storyline at some point, and references to Ramadan, Eid etc and perhaps a crisis of faith. I mentioned earlier that he's like a young Sam Aleni, 

I don't know when the finale is, I'm thinking it'll be Dec 18 because I don't recall next weeks NZ TV Guide saying it was the finale (and I've currently misplaced that so I can't confirm).

Actually it'd be nice if for just this once they'd have the finale on Christmas Day like in 2004...or even run right through like they did in the really old days (1992 - 93, 1993 - 94 and 1995 - 96)

Edited by Dion

• Members

http://www.maifm.co.nz/Former-Shortland-Street-star-Beulah-Koale-lands-lead-role-in-DreamWorks-movie/tabid/76/articleID/20773/Default.aspx

I'm guessing he'll be playing Tausolo Aieiti, the American Samoan soldier from the book (not the I've read it).

Oh and the finale screens on Monday December 14, in a 90 minute long episode.

Edited by Dion

• Members

Aw, good for him. He was pretty good on the show. He was one of the first new characters that was introduced after I first started watching. Time goes by so fast.

I love Shortland Street movie time. They always knock it out of the park. So excited!

The awkward silence as Bella ran her mouth about Boyd. Poor Bells. I understand the attraction though. Boyd isn't your typical soap hunk, but he's incredibly adorable, even if he can be annoying at times. But after the way he treated Brooke, getting his heart broken will be his just desserts. The whole situation does make me wonder if the show would ever put Bella in a bad light though. Can you imagine if she pissed off someone like Harper? Girl needs to watch her step.

Victoria stays being the most shady bitch. Fascinating character, but Curtis putting her in her place was satisfying. I keep waiting for day that she just completely loses her damn mind.

• Members

YouTube and dailymotion let me down today, but thankfully I found the finale elsewhere. As expected, Shortland Street delivered. Last night Homeland gave me palpitations, and today Shorty got my heart rate pumping full of anxiety.

Let's start with the obvious. Dayna is a fool. Time and again, just when you think she's matured, she falls down the rabbit hole of stupidity. I can't wait for her to eat it when her, now husband, makes her eat it. This tweet from Lucy Elliot was pretty hilarious though:

I really hope Victoria is the one that killed Drew (he has to be dead, no?). I've been waiting for months for her to lose the plot. I think Virginia will be the one to find him though. I don't think it'll be as easy as Gareth being blamed for his death, because of that extra special bullet in his head.

As for the hostage situation, Boyd is at the top of the list for getting shot. Rumours of his death have been rampant. Maybe Leanne to give a fresh hell to Nicole/Vinnie. Maybe the rich boyfriend will come into play. I think Murray can be ruled out because of the long lost brother story. I can't see them killing off Bella or Vinnie either. If Jimmy was there I'd say he was high on the list, but luckily he was nowhere in sight. One of Mo or Jack getting shot could be used to keep Mags from fleeing. I am rooting for her to come out on top, somehow. I just hope she's no killer.

And, of course, the great promo to whet our appetites for next year, plus the final moments of the finale episode:

• Members

Hopefully Dayna's going to feel so stink when she finds out that while she and George were "pinching" (ok perhaps that's a bit too strong) Boyd and Harper's wedding, her baby sister was being held hostage but since she thinks the whole world revolves around her and George probably not.

I don't think Drew is dead. He'll spend the next few months  in recovery being angry before finally learning some humility. Maybe Virginia will try to take care of him, but he'll end up driving her away by being too difficult to deal with.

I thought the set up for this whodunnit was quit unique. Having Drew already be shot twice by Gareth and then once again by a mystery shooter. I strongly think it could be Mags though, it feels like something she would do. Who knows, maybe it was Kylie's mum.

I actually could see them killing off Vinnie, after all he's settled down with Nicole now and that usually signals doom on Shortland Street. Yes, Boyd is another who could be dispatched. 

When's TK coming back I wonder. His tenth anniversary is coming up soon, a significant milestone that few have reached. Even Sarah fell short by just one month! Though I've never really been a fan of his as he takes his own first name far too seriously...(see what I did there? Might take some googling :P)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I was truly shocked when they revealed Wendy had been shot and now she may be dead. She was probably one of the last people I expected to be in the firing line.

Victoria and Kylie both realizing Harper clearly had stronger feelings for Drew then she'd like to admit were great small moments.

Bella's reaction to Dayna getting married was perfection. Bella seemed so done with her the whole episode.

Victoria making sure to get all her nudges in on Margaret ... what a bitch. On one hand, if Margaret is the one who shot Drew, then more great material for the wonderful Debbie Newby-Ward. However, on the other, if she is the culprit, I hope she finds some way to get out of this. I do not want to lose the actress. She's too good.

Speaking of good actors, this very recent interview with Amanda Billings suggests it wasn't completely her decision to leave. One of those show business "mutual decisions."

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Oh yes, I already knew about this, she said as much in an interview with one of the woman's magazines here not long after she left. Basically she started wondering in early 2014 why her contract renewal negotiations hadn't started, they eventually came to her with the news that they were planning to kill her off, she was disappointed at first but as she says in the interview, came to realise it was the push she needed to try other things.

Another thing that piqued my interest was the reference to her great-great-great grandmother. Apparently she was sentenced to life in Tasmania (i'm assuming during the time of convict transportation) after having been raped by own father. Truly horrible and unfair that they seem to have charged her with incest after having been sexually abused.

As for the show, we really should have seen it coming when Wendy got all involved with Murray's sailing hobby and the two started making plans to sail away together. Looking back on it, hat was an obvious portent of doom!

I'm leaning toward Curtis being the shooter (haven't watched tonight's episode yet so may change my mind)