Dawson's Creek: Discussion Thread

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I could have sworn we had a thread for the Creekers. Guess not.

I've been watching it from the very beginning the last couple of weeks. The first season was always the one I'd miss on TBS, so it's almost like I'm watching all of this for the first time. Some observations:

~ Joey was much cooler here than she gets later on as the "heroine." The smart-ass remarks and side comments about Jen, even though I love Jen, are pretty funny. The only thing I don't like about her is the fact that she's so hung up on...

~ DAWSON! AARRRGGGH. I've always rolled my eyes at Dawson, but DAMN. I didn't realize how much of an A-hole drama queen he was in the first season. I hated the whole thing about him being in Mel Silver's film class. The entitlement, the snobby way he looked down on the jocks and cheerleaders (who did him nothing), the delusions of grandeur, the arrogance. Ugh. I felt bad for him when he learned about Gale and "Back to you," Bob, but even then, he blew the whole thing out of proportion and made it all about him. The way he acts around Jen is even worse. He sees his life as a movie, duh, but it annoys me how he acts as if Jen is just supposed to fall in love with him because that's the way it would happen in a movie. I don't see what she sees in him besides his enormous ass.

~ Pacey and Tamara. Tamara is such a pathetic character. This is Leann Hunley for Christ's sake. She's gorgeous, she's beautiful, she's sexy, and I'm talking about 2010! Why on earth would a woman like that risk her career and her freedom to play around with a 15-year-old virgin? I don't get it. I wish Mitch could have met her and left Gale for her. That would have pissed Pacey, Dawson, and Gale off.

~ Mitch/Gale/Bob. I love JWH so much. The big reveal during the hurricane was one of the best scenes of the season so far, and then the scene in truck outside was great too. Gale's reasons for cheating on him with Bob were weak, and he would have been fully within his rights to leave her.

I'm enjoying the season more than I thought I would. I'm eagerly anticipating reliving season two for the billionth time because that, to me, is the real beginning of the show. Pacey/Andie, the triangle heats up, my Jack :wub: Seasons 2, 3, and 4 are where it's at with DC as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

It's been some time since I last saw an episode of "Dawson's Creek". I own all seasons on DVD but I stopped watching at the beginning of season 4. When seasons 5 and 6 were broadcast on tv I caught some episodes here and there, but the show had a terrible timeslot where I live (saturdays at 3 p.m.).

Regarding the characters, I always thought Dawson was the weakest link of the bunch. He was so bland, immature and unattractive. I think my favourites were Jen and Pacey, followed by Jack and Joey. Grams was awesome, too. Early Andie was tolerable, but when season 3 began, the character suddenly had no direction and became useless.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Hmmm...how did i miss this thread.

I have all the seasons on dvd except season 1.

I floved Jack of course but floved the rest too.

So which guy should have ended up with Jack??

I forget how long Pacey's brother...Jack's bf was on this show.

• Members

Watching the S1 finale....

Jen and Grams crying in church...tears all around.

And damn, Joey walking in on Jen and Dawson was a great scene. That could have been the cliffhanger right there.

Not enough Pacey :(

"Say Goodnight, Not Goodbye" starts up and I'm automatically a puddle of tears even though it's Dawson and Joey.

Well, I guess I'm off to Roswell for now. Back to Capeside once I done with the aliens.

• Members

The part that always gets me in the finale montage is where they show the boat going out to sea. That just messes me up.

I'm so excited to start Roswell. I watched the first five or six episodes like a year ago, but I fell out of step with it. The last time I'd watched it before then I was like 10, so yeah, I need to get back into it.

• Members

Not a bad idea to watch Roswell, but I recall it drifting from it's original promise as time went on. I don't remember watching much of it when it moved to UPN. Now as for Dawson's Creek, I watched the first two seasons and need to buy more. I never watched much of it originally, but I fell in love with it now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jen and now follow Michelle Williams films. Such a brilliant actress and character. I also remember Andie and Jack and have always enjoyed Andie. I think it's a shame she didn't become a major player, probably due to Joey/Pacey hitting it off.

I know many hate Dawson, but so far he doesn't bother me too much. I *love* Pacey, I love how adult and real the writing feels. I love the setting. Really fantastic show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't think I've ever seen someone rave about Dawson's Creek that much before! Most people think the dialogue is stilted and pretentious, but for me that's always been part of the show's charm.

Most accounts I've read say that there's a nosedive in quality after season two, but I really think all of the high school years are good, my favorite being season three. I'm taking a break from the Creekers now...probably gonna get started on season two some time this summer. I can't wait, though, because Jack and Andie add SO MUCH to the show, IMO, and were very needed. After the initial Joey/Dawson/Jen triangle cooled down and morphed into the triangle, something new was needed to balance that out, and the McPhees were it. Once they become regulars, I just tune Dawson and Joey out and only pay attention to Pacey when he's with Jen, Jack, and Andie.

Edited by All My Shadows

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I'd never seen past Jack's coming out episode ("To Be or Not To Be") so I slowly worked my way through rewatching Seasons 1 and 2 and now I'm finally on new episodes (with the occasional seen episode from the latter seasons).

The show has its... peculiarities, but Jack's coming out made me cry years ago and it made me cry again. Wonderfully handled, complex human reactions from the cast, and Pacey's involvement and protecting Jack always makes me an emotional mess.

Andie and Jack, of course, are marvelous and a fantastic addition to the cast. I cannot understand how the show existed without them. With Jack's coming out, the character chemistry took off with the rest. It is magical to see.

And I can't believe they killed Abby! What a shocker that was.

Edited by YRBB