ALL: Temporary Replacements

• Members

Was it Anna that Linda Dano did the Baby Jane photo shoot with?

Oh wait, was that Linda and Carmen Duncan?

Anna only played Rae for two or three days, yes.

It's interesting to see some of the RH recasts listed. They're still clear in my mind, some of them anyway. Carol Richards was like a Mary Tyler Moore parody, very perky. I think someone on RATSA once said that they kept expecting her to say, "Gee Mister Wizard, what does that mean?"

Judith Macgillan played Rae as very upper crust, with a quasi-British accent.

I'd love to see Jennifer Bassey as Lisa. When was this?

Does Virginia Vestoff count as temporary for when she replaced Liz Hubbard on The Doctors?

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I think the late Harriet Hall (whose Brooke I've never seen though I understand there's an episode of her on YouTube) is more in the category of an Elizabeth Savage as Gwyn on LOV or Elaine Princi as Dorian on OLTL even, full-on recasts who lasted a scant few years and were ultimately replaced by the actresses they replaced.

• Members

Yeah, I never knew about Bassey as Lisa, come to think of it she kind of looks like Jane Powell (maybe it's just the haircut). But Lisa's had a lot of replacements over the years, huh? She was even recast, and I'm forgetting the lady's name but I know it has something to do with designer jeans. But more replacements than I'd expect from a character like her, would kind of be like Susan Lucci having multiple temps (amazingly she's never had even one though someone in Another Thread said that Jean Burke was thinking of subbing her with Lisa Peluso when she fell ill in '00). Years ago when AW was still on the air, long before Mary Smythe, I thought that Anna Stuart looked like she could temp as Erica. I also thought Sally Field (solely based on Soapdish), a wigged Goldie Hawn, and even Raquel Welch might fit the bill. :D

• Members

I seem to remember that there was some sort of connection between Louise Shaffer and Judith McGilligan, I want to say that they both went to the Yale School of Drama but I'm not sure. I remember connecting some dots when Judith's eps aired on SN four or five years ago, though I don't recall now.

• Members

Betsy Von Furstenburg was the Lisa who was there when Eileen quit in the early 80s.

Apparently Diana Walker was fascinating enough to someone on a Dark Shadows fan site that they pulled out a 1971 article on her...a magazine which also had an interview with Nancy Barrett.

http://www.darkshadowsonline.com/barn-feature-dianawalker.html

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Do you guys remember Elizabeth Ashley as Emma Frame on AW? She did a great job with the short stint. It's funny, because I think she would have made for a great temp replacement for Beverlee McKinsey's Iris (a la another Broadway great, Carole Shelley) and of course McKinsey was the original Emma. I'd love to see Elizabeth Ashley on OLTL mixing it up with Slezak and Strasser, I read that she recently guested on Treme and I can hardly wait to see that.

I get such a kick out of this clip (♫White. Liiines...♫)"

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Z56U-13hQGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Z56U-13hQGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Z56U-13hQGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

• Members

She was very good on AW, she had great chemistry with Anna Holbrook. It was a bit disconcerting I think for some of the older fans because Emma had never been that way in previous years.

That interview is interesting, and very nose-rubby.

Amy Carlson was a brief Harley recast in 1998 wasn't she? Didn't she do it as a favor to Beth Ehlers or something?

I remember kind of liking Hayley Sparks more than Ehlers for a while, which is odd, as I never liked her on ATWT. I guess that was because Beth already seemed so burnt out by then.

• Members

"Nose-rubby." :lol: Amy Carlson, she was on AW right? My first thought was the girl who played nutty buddy Molly Malone on The City. But Amy played the cop who was with Tim Gibbs, later Kevin on OLTL. Geesh, SO many Kevins...

• Members

Yeah, Amy was the second Josie Watts (bleh).

I think she was Harley sometime around that nursery rhyme stalker story...I can't remember.

Melissa Dye played Molly Malone.

For some reason I remember Melissa showing up as a temp recast for someone later on. Or maybe she just had a bit role on something.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I mentioned Magdalena Andersson who temped for Torpey a few posts back. Some whack job wrote into SOD like, "You posted that Magdalena 'Maggie' Andersson was a temprary recast for Erin Torpey but you got it wrong as I have been watching Maggie in the role for years now, Erin was the replacement." Okay, why does SOD evenPRINT letters like that!?!? :wacko: Their response was like, "We don't know what show you're watching, but Erin Torpey has..."

• Members

Was that the 1998 recast? I remember SPW claimed Erin Torpey had been permanently replaced by this girl, and then it was an oops and that never happened. I know there was some rumor that Slezak put her foot down about firing Erin Torpey.

• Members

Hm. I wonder what it would have been like had Ehlers been given the role of Liza as originally intended. She certainly wouldn't have sold the sex like Luner, but BE would have pulled off the brittle bitchy quality MW had quite well.