Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

They Almost Became


Gilbert

Recommended Posts

  • Members
20 minutes ago, Franko said:

Did Eileen specify a year? I know I initially asked thought of 1991 (when Jenny, Dominique and Julia would have been available), but GH could also have wanted Eileen in December 1988 for Katherine Delafield.

 

I am not quite sure, however, I am feeling positive it was at the end of her run on Days of Our Lives prior to her return to The Young and the Restless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members

Kimberly McCullough (Robin Scorpio) was the guest on yesterday's released SOD Podcast. In it she talks about her career in acting and directing. She also mentioned she as well as Shiri Appleby was up for the role of Robin back in 1985. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • Members

As a side tidbit that I personally didn't know, in her Lochner interview to celebrate 30 years in daytime, Laura Wright mentions that at the time she ended up landing Cassie on Guiding Light she also had been offered (or was in contention for) a role on All My Children as a doctor and decided to go with the stripper role  
Anyway since this is 1997 I assume that would be the role that Alla Korot played, Allie (which is funny since LW also played an Allie on Loving).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

As a side tidbit that I personally didn't know, in her Lochner interview to celebrate 30 years in daytime, Laura Wright mentions that at the time she ended up landing Cassie on Guiding Light she also had been offered (or was in contention for) a role on All My Children as a doctor and decided to go with the stripper role  
Anyway since this is 1997 I assume that would be the role that Alla Korot played, Allie (which is funny since LW also played an Allie on Loving).

LW also alluded to that Jessica Collins also read for Ally on Loving before getting cast as Dinah Lee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
26 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

As a side tidbit that I personally didn't know, in her Lochner interview to celebrate 30 years in daytime, Laura Wright mentions that at the time she ended up landing Cassie on Guiding Light she also had been offered (or was in contention for) a role on All My Children as a doctor and decided to go with the stripper role  
Anyway since this is 1997 I assume that would be the role that Alla Korot played, Allie (which is funny since LW also played an Allie on Loving).

She sure dodged a bullet there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

She sure dodged a bullet there. 

Who was Allie on All My Children? 

 

23 minutes ago, John said:

LW also alluded to that Jessica Collins also read for Ally on Loving before getting cast as Dinah Lee

I love Jessica Collins. But I couldn't see her as Ally Rescott. I think Dinah Lee was the better role for her. Even if she was better than most of the material she was given. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Who was Allie on All My Children? 

 

I love Jessica Collins. But I couldn't see her as Ally Rescott. I think Dinah Lee was the better role for her. Even if she was better than most of the material she was given. 

Dr Allie Doyle was on May 1997-Nov 1998

She was the ex GF of David Hayard and he is the reason he first came to PV. She dated Jake (Michael Lowry). Then she ended up getting Possesive and left town

 

Im sure if LW had tken the AMC role, the character name would have been changed

Edited by John
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
33 minutes ago, John said:

Dr Allie Doyle was on May 1997-Nov 1998

She was the ex GF of David Hayard and he is the reason he first came to PV. She dated Jake (Michael Lowry). Then she ended up getting Possesive and left town

Im sure if LW had tken the AMC role, the character name would have been changed

Yes - she also went psycho and was involved in the sperm storyline with Adam, I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

According to Wikipedia for GL's Cassie Layne Winslow, After Laura Wright announced she was leaving the show, both GH's Cynthia Preston (Faith Roscoe) & OLTL/AW/GH Actress Jensen Buchanan were up for the role. Nicole Forrester won the role in the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
14 minutes ago, John said:

According to Wikipedia for GL's Cassie Layne Winslow, After Laura Wright announced she was leaving the show, both GH's Cynthia Preston (Faith Roscoe) & OLTL/AW/GH Actress Jensen Buchanan were up for the role. Nicole Forrester won the role in the end. 

I like both actresses but I can't see them as Cassie. Someone on here mentioned a long time ago that Sarah Brown would've been a great recast for Cassie and I actually can see her in that role. I would love for her to be in scenes with Kim Zimmer and I think she would bring that headstrongness that Carly had years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
44 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

I like both actresses but I can't see them as Cassie. Someone on here mentioned a long time ago that Sarah Brown would've been a great recast for Cassie and I actually can see her in that role. I would love for her to be in scenes with Kim Zimmer and I think she would bring that headstrongness that Carly had years ago.

Sarah Brown is actually not a bad idea because she had that extra spunk but in the end there was nothing wrong with going with an unknown. NF was fine; she was a bit too soft and swee but the writing for Cassie (and the show) by then was garbage so there was nothing anyone could have done better imho
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 353

      General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

    2. 7,222

      Another World

    3. 85

      Ratings from the 60's

    4. 87

      Dancing with the Stars: Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy