Julie Pinson 

Billie DOOL When Krista Allen got it)

Kim Rhodes (Cindy AW)

Carly ATWT

Rib Hillis (Jake PC)

Lifeguard SB

Dominique Jennings (Virginia SB)

Vanessa SB

Lauren as Julie Devlin on PC? That would have been cool but she was meant to be Camille on ATWT

If I were GH i would have cast her as Jordan. No shade  but current actress is too young imo

Edited by John
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to Robyn Griggs in The Locher Room Interview Both Eddie Cibrian & Jennie Garth's Ex Husband ( I am assuming Peter Facinelli) auditioned for the role of Tomas on  Another World

• 1 month later...

According to Carl T. Evans when he auditioned for Alan Michael on GL in 1987, one of the other actors testing for AM was Brad Pitt

24 minutes ago, John said:

According to Carl T. Evans when he auditioned for Alan Michael on GL in 1987, one of the other actors testing for AM was Brad Pitt

Wasn't Brad on Dallas at that time?

2 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

AM Arrived in July 87 on GL. Brad Pitt was on the 1987-88 Dallas Season. So he must of booked it after the GL audition

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Carl T. Evans debuted in July 1987 which would make the auditions sometimes in the late spring 1987.

Brad Pitt's Dallas appearances were in December 1987-January 1988, presumably shot sometimes in the fall.
So it does not overlap. 

PS: 

1 minute ago, John said:

AM Arrived in July 87 on GL. Brad Pitt was on the 1987-88 Dallas Season. So he must of booked it after the GL audition

Looks like we posted at the exact same time

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by FrenchBug82
1 minute ago, FrenchBug82 said:

Carl T. Evans debutes in July 1987 which would make the auditions sometimes in the late spring 1987.

Brad Pitt's Dallas appearances were in December 1987-January 1988, presumably shot sometimes in the fall.
So it does not overlap. 

PS: 

Looks like we posted at the exact same time

Please register in order to view this content

Nice

Sela Ward said she was originally offered the role of Frankie on Sisters, but turned it down as she had already played too many parts like that. She was more interested in Teddy, but they did not feel she looked old enough for the role. When they couldn't find anyone else, they went back to her.

I liked Kim Rhodes as Cindy but I'm glad she didn't get Carly.  Maura West won ATWT 2 Emmys for Carly, if I'm remembering right.

On 5/2/2021 at 11:08 AM, DRW50 said:

Sela Ward said she was originally offered the role of Frankie on Sisters, but turned it down as she had already played too many parts like that. She was more interested in Teddy, but they did not feel she looked old enough for the role. When they couldn't find anyone else, they went back to her.

Cool, I never knew that.

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

Cool, I never knew that.

Sela mentions it in a Bobbie Wygant interview (so rare to find Sisters interviews). I put it in the primetime soaps thread.

I'll take a guess that Kirsten auditioned for the pointless Claudia Reston at OLTL. Claudia didn't appear til very early '06 but was mentioned regularly in '05. Or it could've been Sarah after all. Plans are often fluid.

I know Sterling K. Brown and Kristen Bell auditioned for CBS soaps, multiple times, per the casting directors' interview with The Locher Room.

• In 2008, Cady McClain (ex-Jennifer, DAYS; ex-Dixie, AMC et al) was up for the role of Harley Cooper, GL.
  • Dylan Bruce (ex-Chris, ATWT), Gale Harold (Queer as Folk) and Jason Lewis (Sex and the City) auditioned and read for the role of Adam Newman before Justin Hartley was cast.
  • Before being cast as Katie on As the World TurnsTerri Conn previously auditioned for the role of Georgia; the role eventually went to Jaime Dudney.
  • Jane Elliot (ex-Tracy, GH) was initially selected for the role of Augusta Lockridge on Santa Barbara.
  • In 2003, Kelly Monaco (Sam, GH) was up for the role of Nikki Munson on As the World Turns; she also auditioned for All My Children.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:55 AM, Paul Raven said:

From the latest SOD

Wally Kurth tested for Tad AMC and Danny Wolek OLTL

Melissa Claire Egan Colleen Y&R Lucy ATWT

Emily O'Brien Sarah DOOL Samira GH

Brytni Sarpy Jordan GH

Martha Madison Marah GL twice , 8 years apart,2nd time just before cancellation

Riley AMC

Bethany Y&R

Martha Madison as Marah Lewis would have been perfect casting to me. It's a shame it didn't work out two-times in a low. And also a shame she did not land the role of Bethany. I know she revealed she also auditioned for The Bold and the Beautiful opposite Jack Wagner.

On 2/20/2021 at 8:18 PM, John said:

I was thinking this too but this was 2005 and Sarah returned in 2007. Unless they planned on Sarah returning & ended up scrapping it in 2005

Sarah sounds like the most logical character for her, though.

On 3/2/2021 at 2:14 AM, Paul Raven said:

Kim Rhodes (Cindy AW)

Carly ATWT

No. There is only one Carly Tenney, and that is Maura West!

On 5/23/2020 at 9:10 PM, John said:

In a video Interview with James Lott Jr, Martha Byrne says ABC offered her a recast role on one of the nY shows in 2008 and she was interested. However when the OG actress heard they were  recasting she returned & Martha no longer could do the role.

Im guessing given when Martha left ATWT in 2008 and recasts on ABC that is was for Marty Sayebrooke at OLTL

OG Marty Susan Haskell did return to the role but she was also offered the recast of LLily after Martha Quit in 2008

Small World. It's around 44:40 in the video below.

I remember this being reported back in the day, and that Martha Byrne was up for the role of Marty. Funny coincidence? Susan Haskell auditioned for the role of Lily, alongside Noelle Beck and Dedee Pfeiffer.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:03 PM, YRfan23 said:

You can see a bit of him auditioning in this clip

I don't know how I would've felt about Jon Lindstrom being cast as Jack Abbott. I'm glad Peter Bergman was chosen at the end of the day.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, John said:

Eileen Davidson shared on AfterBuzz TV last week (Thursday) that All my Children offered her role. All Eileen remembers is that the role would have put her in story with Walt Wiley (Jackson). Eileen who was single at the time and raising kids on her own turned it down because she didnt want to uproot her kids to NYC

Even though she doesnt say the role, I am guessing it was Jackson's (Walt Wiley) sister Kit Fisher aka Christine Montgomery. The role was played in 1998-1999 by Paige Rowland

Oh! That could have been fun!

On 9/22/2019 at 11:47 AM, Franko said:

I wonder if they tried dangling any roles on GH for Eileen. Jenny? Dominique? Julia?

I believe Eileen Davidson did confirm, at one point, General Hospital had interest in signing her, but she ended up passing on the role. And I know they wanted Melody Thomas Scott for a recast of Heather Webber.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:51 PM, Vee said:

Lynn Herring (Lucy, GH/PC) just told Soapcentral that DOOL called her about a (new) role the day ABC cancelled PC in 2003. She was upset about the cancellation and chose to retire to her ranch with Wayne Northrop.

My suspicion: They wanted her for Bonnie Lockhart.

I definitely could have seen her as Bonnie. Such a missed opportunity.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:17 PM, Vee said:

I'm sure Jill Phelps would've been willing to give her an audition!

I actually think Bransford was talented - she had the same physicality of Carly that Sarah Brown had, which Tamara hadn't. But JB was simply not suited to be playing that kind of heavy lead on a top soap like GH. JFP clearly got her the gig because she was a pal from OLTL, and it was a mistake from the jump. She could not compete with the GH stars in terms of presence.

Further, according to Kelly Monaco, Bransford actually went full method and hit her in their epic catfight scene (probably her one crowning achievement as Carly, and very evocative of Brown). Kelly was not pleased.

To me, Jennifer Bransford resembled Nancy Lee Grahn a bit. Just in their bone structures.

43 minutes ago, Liberty City said:

On 9/16/2019 at 12:14 PM, John said:

Eileen Davidson shared on AfterBuzz TV last week (Thursday) that All my Children offered her role. All Eileen remembers is that the role would have put her in story with Walt Wiley (Jackson). Eileen who was single at the time and raising kids on her own turned it down because she didnt want to uproot her kids to NYC

Does Eileen Davidson have other children we don't know about?  All I can find is her son with her current husband.

2 hours ago, Liberty City said:

I believe Eileen Davidson did confirm, at one point, General Hospital had interest in signing her, but she ended up passing on the role. 

Did Eileen specify a year? I know I initially asked thought of 1991 (when Jenny, Dominique and Julia would have been available), but GH could also have wanted Eileen in December 1988 for Katherine Delafield.