Gilbert

They Almost Became

4 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I wonder if he could do an accent? He might have worked if he could have. I guess it paid off for him though as he got a fairly big part in the last years of Walker Texas Ranger.

I think Jax was originally American but then when Ingo tested they rewrote it 

Just now, John said:

I think Jax was originally American but then when Ingo tested they rewrote it 

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

I'd love to have heard what other roles Sonia had screen tested for...she said she had 8 screen tests..and not all of them were on GL.

I didn't know Catherine Hickland auditioned for Julie on Capital when it started and lost the role.  Also, that she did a blind audition later for Capital and was shocked after she was cast that it was as Julie.

Was Julie #1, Kimberly Beck not recieved well or did she quit. She was also replaced as Samantha Livingston on GH in 1976 by Marla Pennington (The mom on Small Wonder)

After EDGE Ended, OLTL asked Sharon Rose Gabet to Come on in 1985 and they planned to bring back and recast the role of Echo Di SaVoy but took AW  instead and says that was a mistake

Richard Van Vleet (Chuck AMC) tested for Brad Elliot on Y&R.

Njck Benedict read for Lance Prentiss on Y&R before being cast as Michael Scott.

Edited by Paul Raven

Scott Reeves flew to NYC in 1991 to read for Brian Bodine on AMC.  However he decided aganist testing for it since he didnt want to leave his family in LA

All I remember about Sonia Satra was she seemed like Kristina Wagner lite, complete with the sort-of baby voice.

Peter Bergman mentioned in a podcast that Y&R tested six actors for Jack before he was cast. I know two of them were Mark Pinter and Jeff Trachta, and a third may have been Jon Lindstrom. Any ideas of who the other three were?

1 hour ago, kalbir said:

Peter Bergman mentioned in a podcast that Y&R tested six actors for Jack before he was cast. I know two of them were Mark Pinter and Jeff Trachta, and a third may have been Jon Lindstrom. Any ideas of who the other three were?

Not sure who the other three were, but in my search to find out, I discovered that Terry Lester audition to replace Bill Espy as Snapper Foster in 1975. When he lost the role to David H, he swore off soaps, apparently John Conboy tried to get him in for other roles, until he finally said yes to Jack Abbott in 1980. 

Edited by will81

I know Lynn tested for Jill when Jess almost walked in 2009

I wonder who Jason Alexander tested for

Edited by John

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

I can't even imagine Jason Alexander on ANY soap!! 😂

Oh, I dunno, I'm sure he would have made a fine bit player on any of the New York soaps during his theater years.