Gilbert

They Almost Became

57 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

Diamont has such a swarmy way towards him In his acting so, I wonder what he would be like playing a hero?

It would make sense since Bo has always lived in his big brother Roman's shadow, and his stepfather, Shawn Brady, favoring Roman over him. It seemed Shawn always had a bone to pick with Bo in the very early days.

On 1/12/2018 at 2:55 PM, John said:

Jeanne Cooper was asked to read for the role of Julie on DOOL but turned down the audition

The hell? She could have played Alice or a Grayson relative, but not Julie. 

2 hours ago, John said:

Is jamie lyn Bauer liked as Days Laura or would you like a new actress. If not, who would you chose as recast

Jamie Lyn never gave me Laura.

My Laura Choices:

Maeve Kinkead

Ellen Parker

Erika Slezak

Maureen Garrett

I would say Kathleen Noone, but I see her as a Jo Johnson recast. 

1 hour ago, AArredondo02 said:

It would make sense since Bo has always lived in his big brother Roman's shadow, and his stepfather, Shawn Brady, favoring Roman over him. It seemed Shawn always had a bone to pick with Bo in the very early days.

Jason Cook does resemble DD a little too, so it could have worked.

44 minutes ago, Dr Neil Curtis said:

The hell? She could have played Alice or a Grayson relative, but not Julie. 

Jamie Lyn never gave me Laura.

My Laura Choices:

Maeve Kinkead

Ellen Parker

Erika Slezak

Maureen Garrett

I would say Kathleen Noone, but I see her as a Jo Johnson recast. 

I concur. Jeanne Cooper would have been miscast as Julie.

The Laura choices are interesting. With the exception of Erika Slezak, the other actresses would have their talents better suited for Sandy. Julia Barr is definitely included in the list of Sandy choices.

Kathleen Noone is a definite possibility. Oh, you know what, she would make a great Marie Horton recast if Maree Cheatham ever chooses to stop reprising her role.

Geoffrey Horne auditioned for Don Hughes in the mid 70s. Martin West got Don and a while later Geoffrey landed the role of Dr Jim Strassfield, which fizzled out.

Don;t know if this has been mentioned but Wally Kurth tried out for Tad Martin on AMC  when Michael E Knight was cast.

On Monday, June 04, 2018 at 3:19 AM, Paul Raven said:

Don;t know if this has been mentioned but Wally Kurth tried out for Tad Martin on AMC  when Michael E Knight was cast.

I could see Wally as Tad. He has the look, comedic chops and romantic cache that has defined the role, though it is hard to imagine anyone else but MEK in the role.

I found Wally Kurth so charmless and snide as Ned Ashton that it’s hard to imagine him as Tad (even though WK certainly aged more gracefully than MEK, who just looked uncomfortable and tetchy in those later years on AMC). The young MEK was just a star and dead sexy.

Edited by Faulkner

Granted, MEK will always be "Tad the Cad" to me, but I have to say, Kurt McKinney, who was Kurth's predecessor at GH, would have been way more suitable for the role than Kurth himself.

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

Of those three, the only one I can see working out as Joey is Brody Hutzler.

Perhaps.  But if you were like me, and you were one of those fans who had a hard time dealing with Joey's intelligence, or lack thereof, then watching dim-bulb Brody Hutzler take on the role of Viki's son would have sent you into cardiac arrest.

38 minutes ago, Khan said:

But if you were like me, and you were one of those fans who had a hard time dealing with Joey's intelligence, or lack thereof, then watching dim-bulb Brody Hutzler take on the role of Viki's son would have sent you into cardiac arrest.

I don't think anyone presents a bigger dim bulb image in daytime than Austin Peck, but to-MAY-to to-MAH-to.

50 minutes ago, Khan said:

Granted, MEK will always be "Tad the Cad" to me, but I have to say, Kurt McKinney, who was Kurth's predecessor at GH, would have been way more suitable for the role than Kurth himself.

He certainly would have been more physically appealing than Wally, but again smug Matt Reardon taints him in my memory. Maybe if I’d seen him as Ned, I’d think differently?

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

I don't think anyone presents a bigger dim bulb image in daytime than Austin Peck, but to-MAY-to to-MAH-to.

True dat, lol!