ALL: They Almost Became

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In hindsight, the way DOOL SORAS-ed Julie's son (twenties during the seventies) and grandson (twenties during the eighties), it would have made sense to have Jeanne Cooper play Julie. Then again, the writers would have to retcon her history by making Julie, Tom and Alice's daughter,  rather than their eldest grandchild. Since Julie's parents, Addie and Ben Olson, were written off the show decades ago. The show could have written Addie and Julie being rival sisters over Doug Williams, and Julie's younger brother, Steve Olson, could have been her nephew.

• Members

Where did you see this about Jeanne Cooper? I've never heard that before. I can't see that at all. I can see Jeanne Cooper playing Addie when the character was recast in the early seventies. But Julie? That would mean that Julie went from a shoplifting teenager in 1965 to a 40-year-old woman a few years later. 

• Members

Chris Robinson was in talks to play Bill Horton on Days, but all agreed he was too young to play the father of Mike (Michael T Weiss)

Christopher Stone took on the role of Bill and Robinson went to AW as Jason Frame.

Interesting that Robinson was actually older than Stone,so maybe it was more that Robinson didnt want to play a father of a 30 something child.

• Members

That's interesting how Chris Robinson was too young to play Bill considering the fact that John H. Martin and the late Christopher Stone were younger than him. The late David O'Brien, who was fresh out of his Dr. Steve Aldrich role on The Doctors and later became AW's Sin Stalker could have been Bill around the early-mid 1980s. Or even Peter White who ended up filling in for Stone on DOOL. If Bill is ever brought back, Jeff Pomerantz should be given a chance to play the character.

• Members

An interview on You Tube had the late Dack Rambo discussing being considered to be a Bobby Ewing recast after Patrick Duffy left. Starts at 0:45 and ends around 1:00

Considering Laura's history on DOOL, Jamie Lyn Bauer is not age appropriate for Laura. In hindsight, the show should have had her playing Dr. Sandy Horton during the nineties and give her a story with Roman. Marla Adams or Judith McConnell are two names I can think of who would be a more age appropriate Laura.

• Members

I'm fine with JLB (although, I can see AArredondo's point about her not being age-appropriate).  However, if DAYS just HAD to recast Laura again, for whatever reason, then I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Erika Slezak (ex-Viki/Niki, et al, ONE LIFE TO LIVE) take on the role.  Again, maybe not age-appropriate, but in terms of disposition, I could draw that straight line from Susan Flannery and Rosemary Forsyth to Slezak.