ALL: They Almost Became

• Members

Mark Mortimer was also on the short list for the Dusty recast that Grayson McCouch got on ATWT in 2003

Given that MM was born in 1967, I could see him as Jake. That means we wouldnt have had J Eddie Peck. Damn I wish it was Hank or Mark instead

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kim Zimmer said in an interview when promoting her arrival on Santa Barbara in 1992 that After leaving GL in August 1990 and moving to LA, Generations offered her a role in 1990. Zimmer never said what role it was & probably best she didnt say yes, Given that Generations left NBC airwaves in January 1991.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have to admit that, even if he couldn't act, I think Dean fit the role believably - a loving but dumb and somewhat selfish man, dominated by women. His scenes with Ian, Kathy, Pauline and Lou were always honest to me. The real problem came when Kathy moved on with her life, and Pete was left behind. Still, I wish they'd just had the character leave town, instead of dying.

• Members

Paul Decker, casting director, told SOD that he wanted to cast Jamie Goodwin on Santa Barbara, but Goodwin had to finish up a college play. After this, Goodwin was cast as GL's Johnny Bauer.

He also talked about casting Catlin on AW, and how they finally found an actor they thought was right. Then they started squabbling over who would pay for his plane fare. By the time they decided, he'd been cast on GH. It was Jack Wagner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Daytime TV February 1981

Before she was cast as AMC's Tara, Mary Lynn Blanks auditioned for OLTL's Becky Lee. She lost the part because she couldn't sing and was too scared to really try.

Richard Dean Anderson's brother Jim auditioned for a role on GH. Rick Moses' younger brother auditioned for the role of Dr. Henry, but was turned down, reportedly due to the show not wanting two brothers on the same show.

• 2 weeks later...