ALL: They Almost Became

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Could be, but ive heard/read her talk about it before and it sounds like it was a contract, because in one interview i remember her saying she didnt understand why her agent wanted her to pick a series that may not make it over a sure thing on a soap opera (ha, good agent. sad but true).

Crazy tho to think that shes now nominated for a Golden Globe and getting Oscar buzz.

• Members

Josh Kelly (Cutter, OLTL) Was Originally Cast As Joey Buchanan But OLTL Changed Their Minds and Cast Tom Degnan Instead

Brett Claywell Originally was cast As Schyler Joplin But Became Kyle Lewis Instead On OLTL. Scott Clifton Became Schyler But according To Brett In An Interview with Scott Evans & Michael Fairman That He Taped Two Episodes as Schuyler Before the change was made

• Members

When Ilene Kristen Was Taken Off Contract At OLTL In Fall 2004 , She went To LA and Met With Two Soaps For Recast Roles

Y&R: She Met To Read For Gloria Fisher But Judith Chapman Was Cast

B&B; She Met About Taking Over The Role Of Tawny From Andrea Evans Who Was On Passions At The Time, as The Amber & April Story was In Full Swing But Than Adrienne Frantz Quit The Duo Roles So Plans To Bring Tawny Back Was Canceled

Also In 2000-01 Claire Labine Wanted Ilene On GL As A New Character But she Was Blocked Bu P&G/Paul Rauch

• Members

Similar situation with Ashton Kutcher who was also tapped for that Bo Derek primetime soap set in Hawaii, Wind on Water. He of course went with TSS instead (very good move).

I knew folks who knew AF before she left the east coast for SuBe, her nikname was "The Sunset Bitch". She of course got rather quickly replaced, but she landed on her feet over at B&B.

I wonder how fans would have taken to IK as Gloria. I think she has a similar frenetic energy that JVA brought to the role, but less subdued. The things I've seen people criticize JC about I think they would have been even more critical of IK if she played Gloria anything like Rox.

• Members

Regarding Labine & Kristen at "Guiding Light," maybe Labine wanted Kristen in as a Selina recast? There was the whole Patti D'Arbville drama in the press where she claimed Labine wanted her out. Plus, the show still introduced Gus Aitoro, who was obviously Selina's son. In one episode, Buzz even confronted Gus on whether or not he was Selina's son and I'm pretty sure that was well after D'Arbville had left the show. I wonder if Labine wanted Ilene Kristen to play Selina after bouncing D'Arbville.

• 4 weeks later...