ALL: They Almost Became

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I concur. Jeanne Cooper would have been miscast as Julie.

The Laura choices are interesting. With the exception of Erika Slezak, the other actresses would have their talents better suited for Sandy. Julia Barr is definitely included in the list of Sandy choices.

Kathleen Noone is a definite possibility. Oh, you know what, she would make a great Marie Horton recast if Maree Cheatham ever chooses to stop reprising her role.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Geoffrey Horne auditioned for Don Hughes in the mid 70s. Martin West got Don and a while later Geoffrey landed the role of Dr Jim Strassfield, which fizzled out.

Don;t know if this has been mentioned but Wally Kurth tried out for Tad Martin on AMC  when Michael E Knight was cast.

• Members

I found Wally Kurth so charmless and snide as Ned Ashton that it’s hard to imagine him as Tad (even though WK certainly aged more gracefully than MEK, who just looked uncomfortable and tetchy in those later years on AMC). The young MEK was just a star and dead sexy.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Granted, MEK will always be "Tad the Cad" to me, but I have to say, Kurt McKinney, who was Kurth's predecessor at GH, would have been way more suitable for the role than Kurth himself.

Perhaps.  But if you were like me, and you were one of those fans who had a hard time dealing with Joey's intelligence, or lack thereof, then watching dim-bulb Brody Hutzler take on the role of Viki's son would have sent you into cardiac arrest.