Gilbert

They Almost Became

2 hours ago, John said:

Jeanne Cooper was asked to read for the role of Julie on DOOL but turned down the audition

Very interesting...when Days first came on or as a recast?

In hindsight, the way DOOL SORAS-ed Julie's son (twenties during the seventies) and grandson (twenties during the eighties), it would have made sense to have Jeanne Cooper play Julie. Then again, the writers would have to retcon her history by making Julie, Tom and Alice's daughter,  rather than their eldest grandchild. Since Julie's parents, Addie and Ben Olson, were written off the show decades ago. The show could have written Addie and Julie being rival sisters over Doug Williams, and Julie's younger brother, Steve Olson, could have been her nephew.

Where did you see this about Jeanne Cooper? I've never heard that before. I can't see that at all. I can see Jeanne Cooper playing Addie when the character was recast in the early seventies. But Julie? That would mean that Julie went from a shoplifting teenager in 1965 to a 40-year-old woman a few years later. 

On 1/12/2018 at 9:26 PM, robbwolff said:

Where did you see this about Jeanne Cooper? I've never heard that before. I can't see that at all. I can see Jeanne Cooper playing Addie when the character was recast in the early seventies. But Julie? That would mean that Julie went from a shoplifting teenager in 1965 to a 40-year-old woman a few years later. 

Its in here

http://www.emmytvlegends.org/interviews/people/jeanne-cooper#

Part 2 at 29 mins in

Edited by John