Gilbert

They Almost Became

18 hours ago, John said:

I dont think so although he would have been better than Peter Mark Richman & Paul Burke

But would Joe Campanella have been better than either Jed Allan or Charles Bateman?

25 minutes ago, GSGfan2017 said:

But would Joe Campanella have been better than either Jed Allan or Charles Bateman?

Bateman probably but Yeah Jed was a great CC

On Friday, April 03, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Vee said:

(It also claims they gave up on the oft-recast Dan Wolek because one of the producers called its revolving door status "the role from hell".)

That would also apply to the much-recast role of Dr. Mike Powers on The Doctors. A whopping TEN actors played the role in less than 20 years (the longest-running Mike being the fourth, Peter Burnell from 1968-1973, the shortest being the ninth, Ashby Adams from November 1981 to March 1982). Hey, there were similarities - both were young doctors, and both were the sons of doctors who happened to be legacy characters (Dr. Matt Powers and Dr. Larry Wolek, of course).

Edited by amybrickwallace

Rita McLaughlin Walter, who played Carol on ATWT for most of the 1970s and into the early 1980s, was up for the role of Tara Martin when AMC was first being cast. I read this in the book Rita co-wrote with her husband, Rev. Norman Walter (No Shadow of Turning).

The Museum of Broadcasting Chicago has in the archive a screen test for Y&R featuring these performers

Baker, David L. 
Cheyne, Hank 
Diamont, Don 
Dickson, Brenda 
Eckholdt, Steven 
Kayser, Allan J. 
Wilson, Robert 

I assume this was for Brad Carlton and they were testing with Brenda Dickson as Jill.

2 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

The Museum of Broadcasting Chicago has in the archive a screen test for Y&R featuring these performers

Baker, David L. 
Cheyne, Hank 
Diamont, Don 
Dickson, Brenda 
Eckholdt, Steven 
Kayser, Allan J. 
Wilson, Robert 

I assume this was for Brad Carlton and they were testing with Brenda Dickson as Jill.

Wow! I'd love to see this.

Isn't it bizzarre that in a short space of time Jill had to interact with two different, good-looking male characters both named Brad?

On 12/30/2017 at 3:33 AM, Aback said:

Wow! I'd love to see this.

Isn't it bizzarre that in a short space of time Jill had to interact with two different, good-looking male characters both named Brad?

Bubba Higgins on Mama's Family (Allan Kayser) Steven Eckholdt who has been a lot of PT in the 90s and is Robert Wilson the same one as Channing in Santa Barbara and the Killer Santa in Silent Night Deadly Night

GH offered the role of Raymond Berlin, Hayden's Jail bird dad to OLTL & GL Vet Jerry Ver Dorn. Ver Dorn had health issues at the time and had to turn it down