"Secret Storm" memories.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What a great picture! Thanks. 

The picture is from 1968-1969. Terry O'Sullivan arrived in Woodbridge about September 17, 1968 as Judge Samuel Stevens. I believe Nicolas Coster ended up leaving in 1969. I wonder who it is with their back to the camera.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This was posted on a "Secret Storm" group several years ago. I don't think it ever made its way over here. It's a story outline from 1964 detailing the Ann / Alan story as well as the birth of Amy's baby. I don't think all of this played out exactly as stated, but it's an interesting look into Roy Winsor and the writing process of "Secret Storm" at the time. 

1964 story outline

Also posted was a memo from Winsor after some discussion was had about the projection:

• Members

That's interesting. Were all those characters written out, as planned (with the others brought in)?

I didn't know that Janice Wylie's murder was so known to cause this level of concern with a name. I'm trying to remember if there were any women on soaps in these years with that name. ATWT had a Janice, but that was from the late '50s on.

• Members

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Roy Winsor is about ready to drag the Averys for filth?

Meanwhile, it's good to know that what he did in those two memos -- meaning, laying out story -- is exactly what many of us do all the time on boards such as this one.

Thanks, dc!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

Who knew Amy wasn't such a goody goody.. almost makes what Belle does to her later on seem like karma

Please register in order to view this content

I guess this is before Susan mellowed out and became more likable.

Very detailed story projections.

• Members

This is amazing stuff. Thank you so much for posting.

I'm going to have to read over it a few times to take it all in. Imagine if more stuff like this was around eg The Ralph Ellis/SFT archives.

Janice Wylie was the murdered daughter of Max Wylie, who wrote Secret Storm in the 50's so was probably well known to many associated with the show. Guess that's why Roy Winsor didn't want that name used.