Christina Aguilera – Bionic Woman

Sylph

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ouch. Those numbers are brutal. I haven't listened to the album yet but I didn't like her first single "Not Myself Tonight."

The funny thing is when I first heard Gaga's "Just Dance," I thought it was Christina and I was like, "Wow, Christina finally has a good song again."

Christina needs a big hit badly and I'm going to guess it won't happen with this album. Maybe she needs to hook up with Red One or even Max Martin and Dr. Luke for her next album if she wants a big hit.

• Members

The album falls from #1 to #29 on the UK album chart this week. :o

This is one of the biggest falls I've ever seen, especially when the album is new and was #1 in its first week (granted, with very weak opening sales).

This album is a massive flop, she should start thinking of another album to be released next year if she wants to salvage whatever is left of her pop career. Unless, of course, the next single so,ehow saves the album...

She should stay away from more dance-based music, that is not her forte. She should focus on a more mid-tempo sound, with the occasional dance song and ballad thrown in.

The Not Myself Tonight video is a bad mesh of Madonna's Express Yourself and Human Nature videos with Gaga's Bad Romance thrown in. Aguilera allegedly said it was to pay homage to Madonna, but damn, it was too obvious and crappily executed.

• Members

That Sia ballad won't save this flop album. Radio will never pick that up in heavy rotation, and it's summer, people don't want to hear heartbreak ballads.

She and RCA might as well pull what RCA did with Kelly Clarkson after her flop album. Shelve it and then release a more commercial and consistent album next year.

But, that might be too late. I think she's had her time, and it's over. Her career as a commercial pop act may be long over at this point.

• Members

There's no room for her anymore in her current incarnation. Its unfortunate.... she has a voice powerful enough to get by on that alone.... hopefully she can come back, but as her own person.... not ripping off everyone.

• 1 month later...

Archived