Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Members

AMS, I am such a dork, I got such a grin on my face when I read that. :lol: It's cheesy but please stick with it! My two loves, Lucy and Caitlin. :wub: You'll see a couple of familiar faces. You have to watch all five seasons, Jr. and Sr. high, they go by like *that*! TNG got me hooked, but I honestly think it was watching the original series that cemented my love of the franchise.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

:lol:

One thing I love about the whole franchise is how they're never afraid of to go head first into bringing up old stuff. They don't overdo it in a contrived way, but it comes up when it should. Even people who only know TNG and never even heard of the original series can sing that song for you hahaha

I'm gonna start watching tonight. The two shows make a combined total of 70 episodes, so that won't take me long to get through at all. I peeked at the very beginning of the first episode and this warm feeling just came over me when I saw all the little 80s kids running up the school's front steps. Some things never change.

• Members

Looks like I won't have to wait, found the episode posted on degrassi-junkie.net

I am not done watching, but I must say that Spinner and Emma have lots of chemistry.

I swooned when they mentioned that Science Fair project Spinner helped Emma with all that time ago. :wub:

• Members

Ooh, I can't watch that fuzzy video lol The beginning looks interesting, though. GOOD GOD (Allah?), that Sav is sexy as hell in that little bit where Danny and them get him out of class. And Jane! Jane! She's gorgeous!

Glad to see Cassie and Sarah's names in the credits, as well as the Stepto.

• Members

None of the links work now, I am guessing the execs got wind of it and took it down.

Well I got to see them, and all I can tell you is that it is an excellent start to the season. They no longer have "The Next Generation" in the title, it is simply Degrassi. They have also done away with the freeze frame ending shots. It definitely resembles a soap.

• Members

It was probably time to drop "TNG" though I'm a little uneasy with this show getting the "mantle" if you will, I guess it's only fair as it's the longest running series in the franchise. I'm still hungry for more late thirties/early forties drama with my Caitlin, Lucy, et al, though I think Pat Mastroiannininni (sp?? Joey Jeremiah) said he was done.

That's great to hear! I'm glad that the show's off to a good start. Okay, I just went to TeenNick and I feel like such a little girl, quizzes like, "Who's Your Ultimate Summer Boyfriend?", "Which Degrassi Guy Should You Date?" :lol: There's also a little blurb that say's that Holly J. auditioned for the roles of Emma and Liberty ( :blink: I guess she wasn't racially specific in the casting call).

They currently have 19 full episodes online and stupid me should have been on this weeks ago because they're inevitably going to get bumped with the new season rolling.