Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Members

On episode 2, and I swear, I will never miss Shay or Frankie. Zig and Tiny are about a breath away from being put in the doghouse, too.

I like the mini-arc with Miles and his writing, but I hated the piss-poor, half-ass "crossing the line" activity that Mr. Mitchell orchestrated out of nowhere.

Winston is

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by All My Shadows

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To be honest, I don't even remember episode 1 at this point. For the first time ever, I actually watched the whole season in one sitting this morning, so it's all one big blur lol

This was a pretty good set of episodes! Unlike previous seasons, they pulled me in right from the beginning, and they managed to stay on the side of good sense for most of it. Well done, Degrassi. Of course, I have thoughts, but I'll keep them brief:

- Esme's slow descent into a meltdown was finely done by the writers and the actress. I'm worried that they're relying too much on the "downward spiral" storylines, though.
- Fck the entire "inclusive" gang. If they're our new core characters, I don't know if I want to watch next season. They just completely sucked this entire go-round.
- Tiny lost some points with me for his involvement with the Saad drama, but I feel as though they just used him as a generic bully because why not.
- Yael is not an interesting character no matter what they do with her.
- Zig is an idiot, and I won't miss him.
- I wish there'd been more Miles and Tristan this season. Their relationship continued to be the most mature thing the show had going, and it kinda sucks that they just packed all of the drama into the last few episodes. I don't think they were stiffed a happy ending at all. High school graduation is by no means at all an "ending" for anyone, honestly, and there's no reason to believe they couldn't reconnect later on. It was open-ended.
- I went back to disliking Shay this season. I was especially aggravated by her presumption regarding Tiny's promposal.
- Maya remained one of the most well-written and layered characters, IMO. She will be missed.
- Glad they gave Winston a little bit more to do this season. I'm going to miss him and the actor a ton.
- Zoe's ending really felt like they were originally going to have her mom show up and send her off happy, but then someone decided they needed more drama at the very end, so voila. I wasn't too thrilled with it, and I hate that she burned the letter without reading it.
- Frankie sucks. I'm glad Jonah and Grace just kinda moved past her initial anger and didn't give a fck. They're good together.
- And last but not least. Saad was a BRILLIANT addition. The actor was fantastic, and the character's inner struggles were great to watch. As much as I liked the idea of him being in Maya's orbit last season, it was very wise choice to put him with Lola. His younger siblings were also nice background characters. The only problem, and this is a DNC problem altogether, is that we never saw his parents.

Great season, though, possibly the best all-around season. The others, once they got going, were better, but this one maintained a steady flow from start to finish in a way the others did not.

Forgot to mention - MY BABY CRAIG

It was so good to see him!

Edited by All My Shadows

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That IS pretty great.

So many series I have yet to catch up with,  I'll try to resist getting sucked back into old TNG episodes... for now.  But such great memories.

And when did Spin get older than me 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm rewatching the series from the beginning, and I'm more than halfway through season two, and I really, really, really feel bad for dismissing this season so much over the last 10 or so years. It's such a nice transition between the naivete of season one and the magnificent, pot-boiling melodrama of three, four, and five. There are several key episodes including "Careless Whisper," "Take My Breath Away," and the two-parters "Shout," "When Doves Cry," and "White Wedding." It's like the characters were still young, but the stories grew up a bit, and it's just very enjoyable.

I completely forgot that they'd done an episode of Marco questioning his sexuality prior to the "Pride" 2-parter in season 3, and it was pretty well-done.

That heartbreaking ending to "Take My Breath Away" with Craig telling Manny that he doesn't like her is one of those classic moments, and so, so delicious when you know how much drama they're going to have with each other later on.

Toby had so much to do this season, and it's a shame they gave up on the character later. He could have brought in some good stories that were different from the rest of the show's pace.

Edited by All My Shadows

• 9 months later...