Roseanne

Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Roseanne is easily my favourite sitcom of ALL TIME!

The worst Roseanne episode was of course is Season Nine where their on the train and Roseanne fights the criminals or some stupid ass [!@#$%^&*]. Also, that random crap with Ernest! LOL

Ultimately, Jackie was my favorite. I remember on the first date she had with her baby daddy, he says he has slept with 3 women and then they figure out Jackie has slept with OVER 60! I DIED LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!

I thought Lecy Goranson was great and absolutely hated when she left. That year she returned for those few episodes she fit into the show like she never even left. That proved Sarah Chalke was just a placement holder. I can't believe she is the same girl from Scrubs and How I Met Your Mother.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always felt Becky was just a brat, but when Darlene gave attitude, she usually had some very valid points that were wrapped in her sarcastic and smart-ass tone, much like Roseanne.

That said, I definitely preferred Lecy's Becky over Sarah Chakle's, she just cliched better with the other actors on the show than Sarah Chalke ever did.

• Members

I loved the show up to around the time that Darlene went to college. At that point I thought the show became increasingly unpleasant, the tone, and every episode seemed to have Dan storming out the back door. I also hated what they did to Jackie, she became so unbelievably bitter, self-righteous, and nasty.

I also thought the show lost something when some of the supporting characters, like Bonnie, Crystal, the Sandra Bernhard character, left. I think that the show worked better when there was some sort of contrast to the Connors. Even the neighbors they had on for a season or so worked OK.

• Members

Yeah, season 6 was when Darlene went to college, which I thought was the last great season.

Sandra Bernhard was recurring on the show from season 4 until its end.

Natalie West, who played Crystal, left or was demoted somewhere after season 4. I think they should have never paired Crystal with Dan's father in season 3, it killed her character.

Here's a funny story about the Bowman's, who were the next door neighbour's in season 4. Remember Kathy Bowman, who annoyed Roseanne like hell? Well, Roseanne later admitted she was based on Marcy Carsey, of Carsey-Werner. :lol:

• Members

I don't remember the exact number of appearances but it seemed like they showed Sandra a lot less after her first few seasons. Maybe she showed up again more after I stopped watching.

I liked Crystal a lot. I thought she was a great contrast to Roseanne. She was funny yet sweet, and the show rarely condescended towards her, as Golden Girls did towards Rose.

I guess I can see where the first season was different, especially with George Clooney and the factory, but there were some gems. I remember a very touching episode with the divine Ann Wedgworth as Dan's mentally ill mother. I remember hearing about how in the last season they had Debbie Reynolds play her and she was a psycho who went around trying to kill people. I'm glad I didn't see that one...

Oh and I liked when Roseanne worked at places. I loved the mall restaurant. The sandwich place was fine but the mall was the best. My all time favorite was when the Connors had to do an ad campaign, and Darlene was done up like a reject from Little House. She was furious...and then her face was what they used for the ad campaign.

• Members

So...

-Wellman where she picked the forks (good Lord I'm getting old, my teacher used the fork picking as an example during a lesson in the 4th grade!)

-the salon (with the snooty lady and her dog who owned Wellman always calling Roseanne "Roxanne")

-mall restaurant with Bonnie and Leon

-bike shop

-diner

Was that it?

• Members

Yeah, that was one of my favorite episodes.

Another was when Dan accidentally knocked Rosanne's teeth out by hitting her in the face with the fridge door, and she got new front teeth at a dental college. She ripped open a chip bag to show her teeth was great now. I think at the end Dan punked her by having Sandra pretend to give him a bloody nose or something didn't he? I can't remember now.

I'd forgotten about the bike shop.

Archived