Jump to content


Cheap21

Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

Recommended Posts


Happy 2001 pages everyone. It’s so fun to post with you all - and it’s been over a decade! 
 

Re: Nene. What is the status of her and the upcoming RHOA season? Do we know? Is she still negotiating? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DaytimeFan said:

Happy 2001 pages everyone. It’s so fun to post with you all - and it’s been over a decade! 
 

Re: Nene. What is the status of her and the upcoming RHOA season? Do we know? Is she still negotiating? 

I suspect at the moment @Chris B will know more of this than I, but today she seem to be trying to get her fanbase up in arms and she's been feeling attacked that LVP and Wigs can get a show after storming off their main shows (well, LVP didn't but...) so why is she getting attacked. 

 

Before this, I think Bravo was saying that they were still negotiating. They just got an old producer back for this upcoming season and she clearly does not fit in with the pictures they are trying to present for the upcoming December launch which is more along the lines of black families and empowerment I believe was said. Given all that Kandi does and that Porsha turned into an activist BEFORE they decided on this...and I can't wait to see where they go with a lighter angle...an angle that Nene doesn't represent anymore. 

 

I do know she was next on the OG Hit List (leaving Ramona, Teresa who is not going anywhere) so...hehe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Nene’s Instagram live video I will say I understood her side more than I did before. Basically, it seems like Bravo offered Nene a pay cut similar to what they did to Vicki and Tamra. Tamara Tattles has it at $1 million for 8 episodes which will either be to wrap up her story or extended to a full season depending on how it goes. Nene wants a contract for a full season with a guarantee she’s paid regardless of if they edit her out of episodes. 
 

Where production messed up is in what they said to her lawyers in negotiations about why they won’t go for her demands. They said they dislike her calling herself “Queen,” “HBIC” and “The One.” She counters that by saying Porsha has worn a crown to two reunions and she wonders if she’s getting similar critiques. Then they bring up the closet incident, but Nene’s team has countered that with Teresa pushing Andy and Kim and Kroy attacking the camera men in season 5. Lastly they are upset she left the reunion early which she counters with Kim quitting mid season and LVP skipping a reunion and half season of a show yet LVP has Vanderpump Rules and the Dogs spin-off and Kim got a long running spin off which started at $1 million a year. They’re offering Nene $100,000 for a development contract. 
 

Based on all this I do see her point. They should’ve given her a take it or leave it deal instead of going back and forth with these specifics since we know things aren’t uniform across the board. I feel like if her legal team is good at the very least they may have to settle out of court. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-watching NYC S7, and the balance of the more sober group (Carole, Bethenny, Heather, Kristen) vs. the Golden Girls Gone Wild (Luann, Sonja, Ramona, Dorinda) was just so much more interesting, even if the sober ladies could be judgmental. Somehow having eight cast members worked, even if the group shot in the intro felt overstuffed.

 

Meanwhile...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chris B said:

Seeing Nene’s Instagram live video I will say I understood her side more than I did before. Basically, it seems like Bravo offered Nene a pay cut similar to what they did to Vicki and Tamra. Tamara Tattles has it at $1 million for 8 episodes which will either be to wrap up her story or extended to a full season depending on how it goes. Nene wants a contract for a full season with a guarantee she’s paid regardless of if they edit her out of episodes. 
 

Where production messed up is in what they said to her lawyers in negotiations about why they won’t go for her demands. They said they dislike her calling herself “Queen,” “HBIC” and “The One.” She counters that by saying Porsha has worn a crown to two reunions and she wonders if she’s getting similar critiques. Then they bring up the closet incident, but Nene’s team has countered that with Teresa pushing Andy and Kim and Kroy attacking the camera men in season 5. Lastly they are upset she left the reunion early which she counters with Kim quitting mid season and LVP skipping a reunion and half season of a show yet LVP has Vanderpump Rules and the Dogs spin-off and Kim got a long running spin off which started at $1 million a year. They’re offering Nene $100,000 for a development contract. 
 

Based on all this I do see her point. They should’ve given her a take it or leave it deal instead of going back and forth with these specifics since we know things aren’t uniform across the board. I feel like if her legal team is good at the very least they may have to settle out of court. 

 

Kenya3.gif

 

I knew you would have the T. And that...was good.

 

And when she says it like that...yeah, I can see her point as well. And Bravo picked the wrong time to be like that given BLM has exposed what a lot of us knew for a long time...that payment for different races for the same job is extremely NOT equal. 

 

So I would say...GET THEM, NENE!!!

 

However it almost (she does have nine lives after all as a good hustler does) guarantees she might not be back. But they said that about Tamra...and we know how that turned out...

3 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Re-watching NYC S7, and the balance of the more sober group (Carole, Bethenny, Heather, Kristen) vs. the Golden Girls Gone Wild (Luann, Sonja, Ramona, Dorinda) was just so much more interesting, even if the sober ladies could be judgmental. Somehow having eight cast members worked, even if the group shot in the intro felt overstuffed.

 

Meanwhile...

 

 

I agree with you re: NY S7. Bravo recently marathoned it...I want to say they did it twice now and it just really flows. I don't remember it being so smooth at the time since I was wanting to see THE Bethanny. But I found it fascinating to watch with plenty of women to bounce off of.

 

Versus now. And I find it funny that I was the one who thought they drunk too much at the start of the season while everyone was 'well that is how they are.' And now...the roles are reversed on this board. I still think they are, but there now post-Tinlsey appear to be a direction forming. In fact, since my new tv system seems to work like a DVR I might binge the post_Tinsley episodes to look for threads. Also...I seem to like NY better as a binge anyway. LOL!!!

Edited by Taoboi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please. I saw Nene's instagram and it was her playing victim yet again. They don't have to treat housewives the same because they're not the same. Nene is whining about fairness, but she's always going around trying to get the other housewives fired. This is the same woman who used the blm hastag to get bookings and then quickly took it down when the outrage was immediate. Nene is also the one who spoke against BLM protestors, but then quickly co-opts the blm movement when she thinks it'll benefit her contract negotiations. She's the same one who throws Kim under the bus when she needs something, but then is friends again with Kim when it benefits her (a possible spinoff or a friend on the RHOA show). Kim is this racist piece of trash until NEne needs to use Kim. LVP was hounded off RHOBH at a time when her brother and mother died within the same year. Nene sure wanted sympathy when Gregg was going through his cancer treatments. Nene didn't face a 1/10 of what LVP did but Nene ran off. Did LVP or even Kenya when they had everyone coming for them? NO. Nene brought Yovanna on. Nene made snakegate what it was, and then she didn't want to answer for it. Nene preaches sisterhood, but she gets into a rape joke controversy, and then she hires a lawyer who smears the reputations of Weinstein's rape victims. Nene is having a difficult time because she is unlikeable and she has burned too many bridges with her attitude. You would think she had learned something from Vicki's fate. LEt's be real. She is just MAD that Kandi makes more money than her. That's what this all boils down to. 

Edited by chrisml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chrisml Oh I agree with you about Nene lol. She created most of the problems for herself, but I do think Bravo messed up going back and forth with her lawyers therefore creating a case for her. IMO, Nene could’ve slid by the past two seasons well liked by the cast and audience and collected her huge check. The fights she picked were just so petty and she turned everybody against her. If I was Nene I wouldn’t even entertain these girls like that. Just be fun and keep it moving. She had an easy job and messed it up by being difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Taoboi said:

I agree with you re: NY S7. Bravo recently marathoned it...I want to say they did it twice now and it just really flows. I don't remember it being so smooth at the time since I was wanting to see THE Bethanny. But I found it fascinating to watch with plenty of women to bounce off of.

I just watched the episode with Carole and Dorinda in London as Carole retrieves her husband’s ashes. It’s still one of the most moving episodes of the RH franchise. It’s rare that TV grapples with the reality of death and mourning so intimately. 
 

S7 is not as focused and EPIC as Season 3, which had the clear narrative of Bethenny vs. Jill, but in many ways it’s richer and more textured, like a great ensemble drama. Bethenny does light a spark under the show, but she’s not allowed to totally dominate here. And they milked Turks and Caicos for all it was worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I just watched the episode with Carole and Dorinda in London as Carole retrieves her husband’s ashes. It’s still one of the most moving episodes of the RH franchise. It’s rare that TV grapples with the reality of death and mourning so intimately. 
 

S7 is not as focused and EPIC as Season 3, which had the clear narrative of Bethenny vs. Jill, but in many ways it’s richer and more textured, like a great ensemble drama. Bethenny does light a spark under the show, but she’s not allowed to totally dominate here. And they milked Turks and Caicos for all it was worth.


Agreed. Season 7 was the perfect reset for the show (a perfect transition of cast members from the messy 5&6 seasons era as we moved on in season 8 and forward) and the Carole/Dorinda trip and bonding was poignant. Never thought eight cast members would work but it was perfection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:


Agreed. Season 7 was the perfect reset for the show (a perfect transition of cast members from the messy 5&6 seasons era as we moved on in season 8 and forward) and the Carole/Dorinda trip and bonding was poignant. Never thought eight cast members would work but it was perfection. 

The only kinda weak link is Kristen, but even she doesn’t detract from the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the minority then. I hated season seven. It was just so dark and depressing and it felt like one long ad for Skinny Girl. I preferred seasons five and six as they were fun and dramatic, but there wasn't this dark anger that took over in season seven. I also didn't like how they sidelined Heather (even though she was responsible for the big events) and we never got to find out about her son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, getting rid of Heather was a bad move for the series, which Bravo still probably does not fully realise. The show lost a mostly positive Alpha influence who had lots going on and was running her own (intetesting) company. But what Skinnygirl wants, Skinnygirl gets. Heather was too much competition for Bethenny. B also completely marginalised Kristen that season.

 

I loved the mix of OGs with the Sober group -- then again, I loved that dynamic in S5 and S6. The mix actually lightened the show and prevented it from getting too inward-looking and toxic. And the episode in London between Carole and 'Doris' was moving, honest and intimate. I still tear up when watching. It also cemented a real friendship. 

 

IMO S8 and S9 were the two seasons i found toxic and hard to watch (excluding the great trip to Mexico of S9). The targeting of Luann (and Jules) was really awful. I never warmed to Bethenny and Carole after that.

Edited by Cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cat said:

Oh, getting rid of Heather was a bad move for the series, which Bravo still probably does not fully realise. The show lost a mostly positive Alpha influence who had lots going on and was running her own (intetesting) company. But what Skinnygirl wants, Skinnygirl gets. Heather was too much competition for Bethenny. B also completely marginalised Kristen that season.

 

I loved the mix of OGs with the Sober group -- then again, I loved that dynamic in S5 and S6. The mix actually lightened the show and prevented it from getting too inward-looking and toxic. And the episode in London between Carole and 'Doris' was moving, honest and intimate. I still tear up when watching. It also cemented a real friendship. 

 

IMO S8 and S9 were the two seasons i found toxic and hard to watch (excluding the great trip to Mexico of S9). The targeting of Luann (and Jules) was really awful. I never warmed to Bethenny and Carole after that.

Season 8 is what made me absolutely done with Bethenny. She was a monster. And then spent the rest of her time on the show trying to clean up after being so toxic. It’s also when it became Bethenny Frankel’s Real Housewives of New York.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...