Jump to content


Cheap21

Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

Recommended Posts


6 minutes ago, NothinButAttitude said:

What boggles my mind is how low Potomac is. I really hope this is their breakout year and they become the 2nd highest rated housewife show on Bravo following ATL. 

I hope quarantine and a lack of content work in its favor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Just going through the ratings threads on Reddit: Demos for BH and NY have taken some hits this season (while the original Below Deck has moved past BH to become the No. 3 Bravo series and the BD: Mediterranean series has actually slightly grown its audience to become a stronger No. 2 behind ATL). NY has fallen behind NJ.

 

 

Not to be argumentative but, this is a classic example of people interpreting data without basic statistical knowledge.  Comparing an average rating year to year does not take variability into account, which is the basis for measuring significant change.  For example, Andy Cohen has stated that the ratings for Miami Housewives decreased over the course of the final season.  However, if one was to average the high rating at the beginning of the season with the low rating at the end of the season, that average would not seem very different from the average rating of the season before it.  Which is why variability in statistics has always been a more important determinant than the average.

 

I get frustrated when fans discuss drops in raw rating numbers because it is reductive in terms of how ratings are used by networks to set fees for advertisers.  Networks have always used ratings to provide a prediction to their advertisers about the ratings for a given show in order to set the fee for commercials.  The ratings are there to prove the accuracy of that prediction.  The audience samples are bias toward those who will buy the advertiser's products and do not include people with digital cable services (like youtube tv), people with certain household demographics, and it does not reflect the proportion of the minority status of the US population.  If they over predict then they have to return part of the fee, and if they under predict then they need to charge more the following season.   Networks would never release their predictions to the public, (because they want more people to watch than they predicted), so there is virtually no person involved in the system that looks at the data in the way it is presented above.      

 

Again, I hope the reader will excuse my exasperated tone, but ratings are not an indication audience response.  Ratings are reliable and stable so they cannot be used to interpret if the audience likes a certain cast member or storyline.  That data is taken from audience response surveys, not letter writing campaigns, or twitter replies to Andy Cohen. 

 

So, as a fan base, can we finally stop caring  if an intentionally bias sample of 5% of the audience watches the same show that we like? There are more important things to worry about; like whether Dorit will finish decorating the room at Buca di Beppo on time for Teddi's baby shower.

Edited by j swift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been encouraging people to watch Potomac on Hulu. It’s hard to get people to watch new HW series. Hopefully indeed the lack of competing series will give it a moment to shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, j swift said:

 

Not to be argumentative but, this is a classic example of people interpreting data without basic statistical knowledge.  Comparing an average rating year to year does not take variability into account, which is the basis for measuring significant change.  For example, Andy Cohen has stated that the ratings for Miami Housewives decreased over the course of the final season.  However, if one was to average the high rating at the beginning of the season with the low rating at the end of the season, that average would not seem very different from the average rating of the season before it.  Which is why variability in statistics has always been a more important determinant than the average.

 

I get frustrated when fans discuss drops in raw rating numbers because it is reductive in terms of how ratings are used by networks to set fees for advertisers.  Networks have always used ratings to provide a prediction to their advertisers about the ratings for a given show in order to set the fee for commercials.  The ratings are there to prove the accuracy of that prediction.  The audience samples are bias toward those who will buy the advertiser's products and do not include people with digital cable services (like youtube tv), people with certain household demographics, and it does not reflect the proportion of the minority status of the US population.  If they over predict then they have to return part of the fee, and if they under predict then they need to charge more the following season.   Networks would never release their predictions to the public, (because they want more people to watch than they predicted), so there is virtually no person involved in the system that looks at the data in the way it is presented above.      

 

Again, I hope the reader will excuse my exasperated tone, but ratings are not an indication audience response.  Ratings are reliable and stable so they cannot be used to interpret if the audience likes a certain cast member or storyline.  That data is taken from audience response surveys, not letter writing campaigns, or twitter replies to Andy Cohen. 

 

So, as a fan base, can we finally stop caring  if an intentionally bias sample of 5% of the audience watches the same show that we like? There are more important things to worry about; like whether Dorit will finish decorating the room at Buca di Beppo on time for Teddi's baby shower.

 

Duly noted about the data. (I'm still going to stress internally if my RHONY and Potomac don't get a whole lot of ratings love, though. That's just me -- I need mass validation for my exquisite taste in RH franchises).

 

Re: your last sentence. You shady! :lol: 

 

rhobh-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-t

 

Rhobh Real Housewives GIF - Rhobh RealHousewives Dorit - Discover & Share  GIFs

 

tenor.gif

Edited by Cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2020 at 1:47 PM, NothinButAttitude said:

What boggles my mind is how low Potomac is. I really hope this is their breakout year and they become the 2nd highest rated housewife show on Bravo following ATL. 

I wonder if it's because a lot people have never heard of Potomac (the place). I know that sounds superficial, but I do wonder. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can y'all help me understand this? I feel this supports Denise more than it supports Brandi's story that Denise coerced her into staying with her. 

 

Click the link to see the full text, but Denise gives her the option of paying for a hotel room right next to Patrick Muldoon or staying with her if she wants to save money. From Brandi's response, you can tell her ass ain't got no money because she jumped at the chance to stay with Denise. 

 

Had she just said they hooked up and kept it moving I may believe her, but this whole thing about Denise pressuring her into staying with her and pressuring her into sex (which is sexual assault) is a bit much to take. Especially with these weak receipts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Can y'all help me understand this? I feel this supports Denise more than it supports Brandi's story that Denise coerced her into staying with her. 

 

Click the link to see the full text, but Denise gives her the option of paying for a hotel room right next to Patrick Muldoon or staying with her if she wants to save money. From Brandi's response, you can tell her ass ain't got no money because she jumped at the chance to stay with Denise. 

 

Had she just said they hooked up and kept it moving I may believe her, but this whole thing about Denise pressuring her into staying with her and pressuring her into sex (which is sexual assault) is a bit much to take. Especially with these weak receipts. 

 

This is her proving Denise forced sex on her? 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antoyne said:

This is her proving Denise forced sex on her? 🙄


Yes! She’s saying this vindicates her and proves her story lol. To me, that is Denise giving her the option of saving money. Nowhere is Denise pressuring her to stay with her. The timing is also weird with Denise’s kids and husband staying there. Where were they when this happened? It’s just a weird story. 
 

ETA:

 

Brandi released MORE texts and it continues to make Denise look better lol. From what Brandi is saying, the ladies said Denise was talking [!@#$%^&*] about her at BravoCon which is what led to Denise revealing the affair to them. Denise keeps defending herself by saying Brandi will see on camera she isn’t lying. It doesn’t seem like Denise is lying in anyway. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Chris B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chrisml said:

I wonder if it's because a lot people have never heard of Potomac (the place). I know that sounds superficial, but I do wonder. 

 

 

THIS.

On 7/26/2020 at 9:16 AM, Faulkner said:

Just going through the ratings threads on Reddit: Demos for BH and NY have taken some hits this season (while the original Below Deck has moved past BH to become the No. 3 Bravo series and the BD: Mediterranean series has actually slightly grown its audience to become a stronger No. 2 behind ATL). NY has fallen behind NJ.

 

That doesn't surprise me at all with Below Deck Med...Waiting for my ability to watch cable tv (wifi as the case will be now...landlord drama) again, but I can tell you that this current season has be messy due to the producers' attempt to try not to be dark after the Below Deck Sailing Yacht follies and the toxic masculinity that was in play on the last season of flagship Below Deck by having a season with females in the head departments only for it to bit them due to BLM and one of the cast posting racist tweets. And that is not accounting how interesting but messy that has been WITHOUT knowing spoilers of firings (and even with one of them being a main cast member having drama over whether it was a firing or whether she just quit like what happened to the main character over on flagship Below Deck) and returns coming up. So it has been funny watching its ratings growing, but not surprising. Not enough has been revealed, BUT just enough that people want to see it go down. And this season has been very well paced and I'm not a big fan of Below Deck Med, but darn it if it isn't fun messy. 

 

On 7/25/2020 at 10:24 AM, DaytimeFan said:

The way they were acting in the OC was beyond cavalier.
 

Of course, it’s terrible for Shannon and her daughters and I wish them all a speedy recovery, but with the behaviour the OC women were flaunting, they had it coming. 
 

These shows should not be filming. If it is not safe enough to film a reunion in a studio they should not be proceeding in the middle of a pandemic in states like California and Texas that are Covid-19 hotspots. 

+ 1 

 

As a San Diegan, I totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't even with Brandi. Like, I kind of want to waste my time reading it, but really she's just a clown who says and does anything for another second of fame that already ran out. 

 

NYC: At first, I started having flashbacks of The Countess talking to kids about how her family brought over the Statue of Liberty while they all side-eyed her, but Luann actually came off as quite genuine and the support group seemed to embrace her. As someone whose hubby works in the mental health/substance abuse field and deals with women starting over, it's amazing what a trip to a spa can do you for your spirit and self-esteem. Good for Lu for offering that to those women (and a few men, too!) 

 

Ramona's party was one for the Housewives Hall Of Fame. Though I do think Sonja and Leah were over the top, Sonja's antics were just too damn funny. And I'm sure Ramona's "MAGA crowd" (as Leah rightfully phrased) knows what they're in for when attending a Singer party with the Bravo cameras rolling. 

 

+1 on the Sonja/Dorinda moment. These two need healing and use alcohol as a crutch but the booze affects them differently. As a viewer, the weekly sloshfests are getting tiresome, so I hope this is a sign of some self-reflection to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is that OC and Dallas could have modified their filming (i.e. less in person gatherings, more individual vignettes, and maybe a few Zoom happy hours).

 

I did hear possible new housewife on OC and Gina got into it via wearing a mask..so I'm hoping it was filmed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...