Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Bravo's The Real Housewives of....


Cheap21

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Cat

    2893

  • Cheap21

    4237

  • NothinButAttitude

    3520

  • Taoboi

    2546

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
2 hours ago, Taoboi said:

Talking heads?

 

 

Please register in order to view this content

 

They all look like hell except for Denise. Sorry Garcelle, but she doesn't look great. 

 

It's kind of shocking to see how much Kyle has changed over the years. And not for the better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Re: Talking Head Looks

 

Kyle - Looks great without the bangs, but with the bangs that is her worst look ever.

 

Denise, Sutton - Simple, but I think it works and will look good in motion. I'm *really* excited for Sutton, especially after the house tour Bravo posted. I think she'll be a good surprise.

 

Lisa Rinna - Not crazy about the dress, but she looks GREAT! That hair should be her natural hair. She needs to let go that tired, dated lion mane she normally wears. I don't care if it's her signature, grow and move on.

 

Garcelle - GORGEOUS! From her instagram I love her style and both of her looks are simple, but glam and I love her hair in both. With Garcelle she is someone I feel always looks nice, but she isn't trying. It never feels like she's wearing a costume or TRYING to be seen. 

 

Dorit/Erika - They're the opposite of the effortlessness you see from Garcelle. Both are gorgeous and we know you can do fashion, but it's trying too hard and both of their looks look like costumes. Money can't buy you class and it can't buy you taste either.

 

That aside, I am *so* excited for Beverly Hills! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Garcelle is the only one that looks nice in her talking heads. She defines what true fashion is ... subtly. 

 

I am so over Erika's try hard fashion sense. Dorit's too. They give me RHOA Marlo vibes where they think anything with a label is cute. Kyle looks ridiculous with those bangs. Rinna looks stupid with those cheap a** wigs on her head. Sutton looks meh. Teddi? Who? And Denise looks the same. Same ombre hair/beachy look that has played out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 hours ago, Taoboi said:

Talking heads?

 

 

Please register in order to view this content

Is that first one Dorit?? She's had SO MUCH facial work done. That leather cap looks ridiculous. I'm actually shocked at how low-rent this whole look is. Usually Do-wrong loves to flash expensive brands at us peons. The second look is the usual WTF for her.

 

Speaking of low-rent: Kyle. I am even more shocked by this because Kyle usually looks polished in her talking heads. The first look is messy and busy. The second is Shania Twain's wannabe cousin. The work Kyle has had done has taken away her freshness.

 

Erika's first look is the same as all her talking heads from years past, no? Cruella Deville meets Queen of the Night. The second look is much better. More Chicago.

 

Garcelle looks very sleek. Yellow is her colour for sure, and I love her Diana Ross circa 1975 hair in the second TH.

 

Rinna is turning into an Erika clone with the wigs and costumes. She is always copying somebody else on the show.

 

Denise: Like a still from Wild Things. Très 90s.

 

Sutton. Fine, I guess. I'm not bowled over by those Jeana Keough tops.

 

Teddi. Insipid. Tryhard.

 

I guess Camille didn't get a talking head? And neither did Brandi?? Lmao.

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 hours ago, NothinButAttitude said:

Naomi and LVP are LONG time friends. Both of them got their start on a UK short-lived series called "Kids." 

 

The 2 of them versus that other group would be EPIC. 

I did not know that Naomi and LVP were friends from way back. All the more reason Bravo should have jumped on Naomi's interest and brought her on. (Perhaps Production was more invested in isolating LVP at the time?).

 

I wish I knew BH's recruitment person because I would definitely be whispering sweet nothings in their ear about Nicollette Sheridan, Kathy Hilton and Naomi Campbell. (My hunch is that Nicollette and Kathy were probably asked last year but turned down that poisoned chalice).

 

But hey, by all means, let's keep Teddi and Dorit. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Cat, when it comes to talking heads they aren't finished filming yet. I know Camille mentioned that she was supposed to do them but isn't anymore so she doesn't think she'll appear much. I would imagine Brandi will have talking heads though. A big issue is that Bravo only has the first 5-6 episodes ready to go. With Corona going on they don't know how they'll be able to finish the talking heads. According to the article I saw, Bravo prefers to do the talking heads as the season goes because the women are more candid once they start watching and hearing what everybody is saying. I just hope they figure out editing and the talking heads so we don't get any interuptions for NY, Potomac or BH. It's bad enough we've been waiting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Chris B Thanks for the explanation. I notice that as a season progresses, the Talking Heads change looks, and it makes sense that they film reactions later, as the show is airing.

 

Re: filming the THs, I wonder if this might still be possible to do. 1 or 2 masked-and-gloved crew members set up a few fixed cameras and lighting in someone's living room. They retreat out of there. The HW could then enter, sit down and respond to producer questions and prompts remotely. The whole thing would be filmed. The only thing missing would be minions with Starbucks on hand and glam squads. Well, Erika probably lives with Mikey now, but everyone else would have to apply their own makeup!

 

Sorry to hear that about Camille. She was spilling the tea on Twitter last season (especially about Kyle's power behind the scenes) and I guess we can't have that on BH! Interesting to me was seeing PK in the trailer, because Dorit and PK have quietly separated and he appears to be living in London since New Year with a new GF. I guess this is something else we're not supposed to talk about.

 

Brandi has perhaps already filmed a TH with (I imagine) an I-Dream-of-Genie hairpiece and some new lips. 

 

Did someone already mention on here that now that Andy is recovered, the ATL reunion may actually go ahead on a remote basis? I think it could work! Remember when Kim called in via telephone 'from the Bahamas' 

Please register in order to view this content
to Nene on WWHL? "Close your legs to married men, trashbox."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Kyle, Rinna and Teddi went live on Instagram last night and said that they're doing all their talking heads at their homes, alone.  They're nervous about doing it because it's never been done before, but they're all trying their best to make it work.  The production company shipped them all cameras/setups that they have to figure out themselves, and then pick the best room/background from their homes haha.  So they'll have to do their own hair and makeup.

 

They also said that the intro and taglines will be released on Monday.

 

Edited by alwaysAMC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 hours ago, Chris B said:

Garcelle - GORGEOUS! From her instagram I love her style and both of her looks are simple, but glam and I love her hair in both. With Garcelle she is someone I feel always looks nice, but she isn't trying. It never feels like she's wearing a costume or TRYING to be seen. 

 

Dorit/Erika - They're the opposite of the effortlessness you see from Garcelle. Both are gorgeous and we know you can do fashion, but it's trying too hard and both of their looks look like costumes. Money can't buy you class and it can't buy you taste either.

 

That aside, I am *so* excited for Beverly Hills! 

 

*So* agree. They look like clowns or drag queens. Too, too much. Meanwhile, my MODELS INC lovin' ass is looking forward to Garcelle too

Please register in order to view this content
 

4 hours ago, Cat said:

 

Sorry to hear that about Camille. She was spilling the tea on Twitter last season (especially about Kyle's power behind the scenes) and I guess we can't have that on BH! Interesting to me was seeing PK in the trailer, because Dorit and PK have quietly separated and he appears to be living in London since New Year with a new GF. I guess this is something else we're not supposed to talk about.

 

Oh really??  Did not know that! All the more reason why I'd love tea spiller Camille to have a bigger role. She gives zero effs anymore and I love it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
19 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

 

Oh really??  Did not know that! All the more reason why I'd love tea spiller Camille to have a bigger role. She gives zero effs anymore and I love it. 

 

Yep! That's the tea here, and it's tea I believe.  Saw PK in early January outside Selfridges department store with one of his long-time buddies. Somebody in the property business (PK made and lost all his money in real estate) spilled to me that Dorit was the one who wanted to separate, and then mentioned that PK has a GF now and they are living in his London home.

 

Camille may not know about Dorit and PK per se, but best believe she knows where KYLE and Rinna have buried all the bodies! Lol

 

2 hours ago, alwaysAMC said:

Kyle, Rinna and Teddi went live on Instagram last night and said that they're doing all their talking heads at their homes, alone.  They're nervous about doing it because it's never been done before, but they're all trying their best to make it work.  The production company shipped them all cameras/setups that they have to figure out themselves, and then pick the best room/background from their homes haha.  So they'll have to do their own hair and makeup.

 

They also said that the intro and taglines will be released on Monday.

 

 

Kyle and Rinna will probably do ok on the makeup front as they had practice as young actresses doing their own for TV or film. Teddi, on the other hand.... uh oh. 

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-tell-bethenny-frankel-good-riddance?ref=scroll

The ‘Real Housewives of New York’ to Bethenny Frankel: Good Riddance

 

Okay, the title of the article is just a tad dramatic, but it's an interesting read about how the cast felt about Bethenny's overwhelming presence on the show, and how her abrupt departure, days before filming began, is addressed candidly (i.e. breaking the fourth wall of reality TV) in tonight's premiere episode. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Gray Bunny Great article. I'm glad they are breaking the fourth wall in the opening episode and talking about Bethenny's sudden departure. 

 

I also couldn't agree more with the Countess that Bethenny took up a lot of the oxygen in the room. This is making me look forward to the new season even more!

 

ETA: woah I have posted way too much today

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
28 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-tell-bethenny-frankel-good-riddance?ref=scroll

The ‘Real Housewives of New York’ to Bethenny Frankel: Good Riddance

 

Okay, the title of the article is just a tad dramatic, but it's an interesting read about how the cast felt about Bethenny's overwhelming presence on the show, and how her abrupt departure, days before filming began, is addressed candidly (i.e. breaking the fourth wall of reality TV) in tonight's premiere episode. 

 I agree with Luann and Ramona completely. I often called the show Bethenny Frankel’s Real Housewives of New York.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Cat @Antoyne Agree completely. As much as I like her, and what she has done for Puerto Rico and now the Coronvirus and everything in between, she was too dominant a force on RHONY, where everything had to be filtered through her eyes as the "voice of reason" of the series.  Sounds like the core four (Ramona, LuAnn, Dorinda, Sonja) feel lighter, refreshed, and able to showcase themselves more honestly this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 287

      As The World Turns Full Episode List

    2. 399

      Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

    3. 210

      Proposed Soaps Over The Years

    4. 102

      Y&R September 2021 Discussion Thread

    5. 1,823

      Soap Opera Cast Lists and Character Guides- Cancelled and Current

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy